I don't recommend TCI front ends!!!!!!!!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 01:09 PM

Last journal entry: Latest picture
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I don't recommend TCI front ends!!!!!!!!!

I purchased a rear mounted rack, independent front end from TCI early last year for my 28 Dodge, and have not been happy with too many things on it. The first problem I found early on was that the rack bolt holes did not lign up with the supplied cross-member. I called and E-mailed pictures of the problem to TCI about 6 times and got nowhere with them. I even went as far as speaking to Carlos one of the owners at the Louisville Ky street-rod Nationals, and his excuse was that he lost my E-mail ....B.S.
The car is now in it's final stages, and I'm finding out that the ball joint dust boots are not even close to sealing out the water and dirt out of them. I called again to their tech line,and got a cold reception by the "tech guy". His explanation was that they use an OEM boot, and I would just have to live with it! B.S. again!! They are using tie-rod end boots for their ball-joints.No wonder they don't seal!!
If anyone is in their early stages of design, look at a different supplier than TCI. Dan

www.geocities.com/dantechfab

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43
I even went as far as speaking to Carlos one of the owners at the Louisville Ky street-rod Nationals,
I have bought a good bit of stuff from TCI and never had a issue with them. You know they will be in Louisville next weekend ...
Old 07-30-2006, 10:41 AM

Last journal entry: Latest picture
Last photo:

I never got anywhere last year, so I don't think things will be any different this year!! I'm slowly working the bugs out, I just have to find ball joint boots that fit. I think urethane boots fromk Energy suspension made for Corvettes might work. Dan

www.geocities.com/dantechfab
Old 08-01-2006, 09:35 AM

First off, Carlos is not an owner of TCI. He is just a salesman who sometime is not very helpfull to the customer . The owner is Ed Moss. The general manager is Sal Solorzaro and the sales manager is Evan Dalley. Evan and Sal will be at Louiville and I would talk to them about your problem.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I would also let them know of your posting on this site and the fact that potentially 45,000 members will have access to it. I would also let them know that if you are or are not satisfied with their fixes or ? you will post it this thread.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:03 AM

Fatman IFS packages have the same problem with their ball joint boots. And I got the same kind of reply. I found some better boot but I cannot remember where. The boots I am using now are longer than the boots that came with the package and they have a steel ring at the mouth of the boot that helps maintain the seal.

Recently published in Street Scene or in Goodguys Gazette was an article discussing how so many of the after market parts are not fitting as claimed by the manufacturers. It is a true claim, as I have had to make modifications very often to keep my projects going. We need to make a fuss every time this sort of thing happens to put the manufacturers and consumers on alert. We, the customer, are the life blood of the aftermarket companies and we pay dearly for their products. It is only logical that if a part is "designed to fit" it should! And when it doesn't, we should hear about it. If we do this often enough, the manufacturers will get the message or watch their deliveries shrink.

Just thought I'd get on my soap box for a minute.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:43 PM
A different breed

Last journal entry: New Truck
Last photo:

Scotts IFS is nice. Everything fits well. All the others are pretty much the same.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.