Hot Rod Forum banner

I dropped this course, it was REAL GAY (pun intended)

3K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  BooWFO 
#1 · (Edited)
So I showed up for my Sociology of Sex Roles 110 class on Tuesday. The first thing the professor said was that the class was not anything like the course description in our course selection guide. I didn't know what he meant until I got my copy of the Syllabus.

Here's the front page of the syllabus, read the weekly topics.

Most of us in the class had a "what the f" look on our face. It was conveniently left out of the selection guild that class focuses on gays and lesbians.

On the back of that page is the last weeks topic: "Living with Aids"

I don't really have a problem with gay people, but I'm not interested in studying them for a semester.

See less See more
#2 ·
okay, here comes this months gay bashing thread.... :nono:

I cna barely read the sylabus, but it doesnt look "that bad". Ignorance comes from not knowing about something. Taking that class wont make you gay, unless you already were. I bet if you stuck it out, you would of learned something..

#3 ·
I replaced that class with a Philosophy course that focuses on morals and ethics. This class is going to be alot of fun, there are numerous "art people" and the type who enjoy over thinking questions. Today I came in class wearing my steel toed, aggressive tread "Logic Boots" and stomped on some of them during class discussion.

#4 · (Edited)
crazygutgut said:
okay, here comes this months gay bashing thread.... :nono:

I cna barely read the sylabus, but it doesnt look "that bad". Ignorance comes from not knowing about something. Taking that class wont make you gay, unless you already were. I bet if you stuck it out, you would of learned something..
Yes I probably would have learned something, which can be said for any class.

Honestly I wasn't interested in watching the video about the sex life of gay men. and what's the point in me paying $1000 for a class that covers a topic I'm not interested in?

#6 ·
actually looked like a pretty poorly planned class. Didn't look like you had to read any real scholarly works about gender roles, looked like most of what you were doing is exploring the mushy consequences of fighting to fit your sexual and gender role into society, ESPEICALLY if you happen to be gay. Where's the topics on personal sexuality as it changes in social circumstance... SUCH AS IT DOES IN COLLEGE? Seems like that would have been a good text.

You did well to drop that class, that's filler mushy tripe and trust me, you'll see a lot of it at liberal universities.

K

#7 ·
killerformula said:
actually looked like a pretty poorly planned class. Didn't look like you had to read any real scholarly works about gender roles, looked like most of what you were doing is exploring the mushy consequences of fighting to fit your sexual and gender role into society, ESPEICALLY if you happen to be gay. Where's the topics on personal sexuality as it changes in social circumstance... SUCH AS IT DOES IN COLLEGE? Seems like that would have been a good text.

You did well to drop that class, that's filler mushy tripe and trust me, you'll see a lot of it at liberal universities.

K
Your right. It looked like lots of videos and busy work were planned. The prof. had to be pushing 80 years old, he said he was dropping the term paper this semester because he didn't feel like grading them, that's lazy. He did little to earn my repect or keep my attention during the first class. Now that I think about it, regardless of the subject matter, that would have me considering dropping the class.

#10 ·
Seeing as were on a gay topic (hahaha) I have a serious question. Why do some people with alternate sexuality choose to parade it about, and then get insulted when someone/everyone doesn't congratulate them for being so progressive, and even worse if somebody tell's them that they think its wrong? Now I don't really have a problem with someone who is gay/lesbian, but I don't want to hear about their bedroom antics, same as I don't want to hear about a so called straight persons bedroom antics. I will admit that I don't think its "right", but I do sincerely believe that we each have the right to take up with whom we want to(as long as its consenting adults involved)

#11 ·
Freddy6667 said:
Seeing as were on a gay topic (hahaha) I have a serious question. Why do some people with alternate sexuality choose to parade it about, and then get insulted when someone/everyone doesn't congratulate them for being so progressive, and even worse if somebody tell's them that they think its wrong?

It's just like anything else. You know how some guys never shut up about their "awesome car" and what they plan to do to it "yea I'm gonna put supercharger on it"-that kinda bs. Meanwhile all they have is some beat Iroc-Z with a flowmaster cat back, or a Civic. What happens if you act like you don't care while this person is talking? They are insulted. What happens if you tell them they're wasting their money on that car? They get really pissed off.

Some people are attention whores and will do anything they can to get it. When you shut them down they take it to heart.

#13 ·
I guess it's a way to encourage us to be gay, gay as in mmm, that guy's chit chute looks awful tasty.

Sadly for them I'm a homophob, so I can't tolerate that kind of propaganda being fed to my sensitive ears. Since I'm a homophob that means I don't like guys "that way" and it's kind of obvious, single white male, checks out attractive women. Does that make me a pervert?

I really don't know. All I can say is that, at least sometimes, chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks.

Hey it's a self starting and ending sentence.
Chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks.

lol im kinda loopy at the moment. :p

#14 ·
The most telling thing about the world homophob is the fact that it pertains to fear. Generally we're not scared of things...

unless we think they might come and get us.

Might want to do a little more thinking LS6, you're a little too jumpy about this topic for some reason...

K :thumbup:

#15 ·
HAHA thats funny! Don't blame ya on dropping the class mike, I would have done the same thing.
I personally dont care for them, Im not saying I hate them. They don't really bother me unless they are trying anything. other than that, I could care less what they do, as long as I don't have to hear about it!

Brad

#16 ·
killerformula said:
The most telling thing about the world homophob is the fact that it pertains to fear. Generally we're not scared of things...

unless we think they might come and get us.

Might want to do a little more thinking LS6, you're a little too jumpy about this topic for some reason...

K :thumbup:
not scared so much, but dang I wouldn't want some strange man checking out my butt and hittin on me. He'd prolly get a piece of my fist in his face. Then again, I don't send out any "gay vibes" which is a good thing.

#20 ·
Today in my new ethics and morals class the professor complained about his summons for jury duty, which may effect his ability to teach class if he is chosen as a juror.

I thought I was being helpful suggesting that he could get out of being a juror if in the court room he pretended to have difficulty hearing because of his "hearing loss." Nobody wants a juror who may not hear the whole case.

Apparently suggesting a good lie to the professor of your ethics and morals class isn't a great idea. He didn't see the humor in it, but atleast some of class did.

#21 ·
They need a college class to teach Ethics and Morals now???

Hell Mike,divert all your tuition to me,I'll teach you Morals and Ethics.We can split the money.That has to be ethical,wouldn't you think so?

We have something called The Diversity House at work,where four cornerstones help build our diversity house. Mine is in a low rent crack infested neighboorhood and the tennants make meth in it!!!

#22 ·
my uncle's gay...never see too much of him, always in ottawa fighting the good (queer) fight. One night he brought over his "life partner" for dinner. i almost got sick after the way they were naked eying each other's packages.

i don't like gay views or gay pride. they should be locked up...

on the other hand they make the odds tip a little in my favor...

:thumbup:

xtacy

--now if only i could pick a girl up...

#23 ·
hahaha, yea Ron they have classes for that. You can't take all serious classes bro, I've Business, Microeconomics, European History, and for some diversity on my transcript an African American studies course. This Ethics class is a GPA booster, so is my tennis class. Yea that's right I have a tennis class, and I freakin hate tennis, but it's an easy A and I figured there would lots of chicks in it.

#25 ·
I can relate with the University situation, Im an Education major Art minor and I had to take a schools in society class taught by two crazy uptight lesbian chicks. One had more facial hair than my uncle, the other was to busy hitting on one of my friends in the class. That and they were really touchy, I was always scared when I had to go have meetings with them. They pretty much wanted you to write verbatum what they were telling you. It was like the white man is the devil... crazy *****es... Honestly they just needed to get laid. I dont have issues with the gay community but if those two particular lesbians get any closer to me than ten feet when I'm at school I start to run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.