I finally got my vintage cool old home made torch cart back! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
I finally got my vintage cool old home made torch cart back!

I got this thing about thirty years ago, don't remember where I got it, an old timer is all know. Anyway, I loaned it to an old friend about ten years ago and he went and loaned it to a mutual friend of ours without asking and I just left it there until today. The other day I went and bought a hand truck that I found on craigslist and modified it into a torch cart and went and swapped them.

I love this old cart, it is a monster and it puts the tanks "Over and under" style so it fits thru a tight shop much better. But I wanted it back more for the sentimental reasons.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8250.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	55583  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2011, 04:14 AM
400SBC4Life

Last photo:

Congrats

I am happy to see you got your cart back
It's like you have to borrow your things back from some buddies
Old 05-27-2011, 05:21 AM

I finally got my vintage cool old home made torch cart back

Cool cart, Vintage, old paint, some surface rust,Handles made with what you had ,works great,............ Would yo call it a " Rat cart "
Old 05-27-2011, 05:53 AM

Last photo:

This reminds me of a large hydraulic press I built back in 1978, it had a 100 ton ram powered by an electric "Enerpac" unit and cost me over $2000 to build even back then. I was just getting started and way over-spent on that thing so I had to sell it in order to buy other equipment, the mine in Tennessee I sold it to shut down less than a year later and their equipment was sold off. 27 years later I went to an equipment action with a friend of mine up in northern Kentucky and the third item up was that old press! It had obviously seen some really heavy service and had been modified with some safety guards but was still the same ugly green color and still had that Enerpac mounted in the awkward looking mount I had built on top of the frame. I really wanted to bid on that old beast but I have no use for such a monstrosity these days and it would have been little more than an expensive chunk of iron taking up space, still I wanted to bring that thing home. I had to leave it but I did get some satisfaction in knowing it was still being used and that the construction company that bought it was going to put it to use and that it was not being sold for scrap. Just like that torch cart it is kind of funny how a person can place sentimental value on an ugly piece of metal like that!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:25 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Geeze ,the things we find close to our hearts...some day I'll get the nerve to post a pic of my wife, naaw, I better not...but she too is over built,lasts forever,way too heavy But, usefull everyday,just be carefull ,she'll put a hurtin on ya if your not paying attention and could never be replaced by none of this new crap gettin passed off these days....
Whats disturbing is why that old cart reminds me of my wife.....
Old 05-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350camaro67
Cool cart, Vintage, old paint, some surface rust,Handles made with what you had ,works great,............ Would yo call it a " Rat cart "
LOL, that is exactly what we called it when my co-workers saw it yesterday. One of them is a rat rod lover and he said I should clear it. He is building an old chopper (I need to post photos, it's very cool) and he loved the "handle bars" on the cart.

Red, that is a VERY cool story! What are the odds!

DBM, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You know what's funny, my wife isn't part of the "Independent Brian" (click here for explanation) , what happens out in my garage or at car shows or something is not her thing. Yet when I mentioned that this guy had that cart she encouraged me to go get it. She is a sweetheart that is for sure.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:12 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

LOL,I love those guys...

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.