Hot Rod Forum banner

i got a crazy ideal ,

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  pepi 
#1 ·
im going to be bulding something strange, let me know what u think, im getting a ford bronco 2 frame , with the frount end under it, 2 wheel drive , an putting a cut down 8 inch rearend under it, not sure of the motor yet, maybe a 350 , with a nice cam , an headers, then im going to get me a amish buggy , just the body , nothing under it , an cut out the floor an set it over the ford fraim , low to the ground, an chanel over the fraim rails, so it sets low to the ground , an make the back fender wells, then just leave the frount an motor in the open an make a grill an rad, for it , ? weard or what , i got the ok from fla , to have the wooden body on the roads,, :welcome:

#3 ·
Might be ok with a roll cage in it ...........I think it would be kind of cool Kind of a 70s custom vibe......engines gotta be chrome with some 5 spoke sprint wheels(maybe wagon wheels would be more approiate) sprint style headers and wild horses in 70s style lettering on the back :thumbup:

I actually like the 70s style on some things look at the barn find camaro in hotrod with the cobweb stripes :drool:

Shane

#6 ·
i think pepes just funnin with you, i say go for it after all that is what hot rodding is all about. its not a new idea, i remember in the late 60s there was a show car that had some crazy stage coach-hearse body thing with a big chrome engine inside it and the driver sat where the old stage coach drivers sat, cant remember what they called it but it was in several mags. your idea sounds tame by comparison. :thumbup:

#8 ·
sounds like fun... :rolleyes:

just don't put any pics of it here unless it has front brakes, you'll be sorry.

That being said, here is a cool place for you to see some other woodies, (that is what rosen5000 is talking about here, even if it isnt the more conventional car that you'd want to hang a surfboard out the back of),

http://www.oldwoodies.com/gallery.htm

Start browsing the gallery, there is all kind of fun stuff in there. :thumbup:

My favorite,

http://www.oldwoodies.com/img/rv/*******-rv.jpg

And a matching scoot...

later, mikey

#10 ·
techron said:
i i remember in the late 60s there was a show car that had some crazy stage coach-hearse body thing with a big chrome engine inside it and the driver sat where the old stage coach drivers sat,

I know which one you are talking about, IIRC it was a old horse drawn hearse, it had the motor where the casket was, zoomies coming out the sides and Cragars on it..(everything had cragars on it then...)

I can't find a pic of it anywhere. :(

Later, mikey

#11 ·
powerrodsmike said:
I know which one you are talking about, IIRC it was a old horse drawn hearse, it had the motor where the casket was, zoomies coming out the sides and Cragars on it..(everything had cragars on it then...)

I can't find a pic of it anywhere. :(

Later, mikey
that sounds like the one mikey :thumbup:

oh and the motorhome and the scoot are my favorites too, seen the home before, not the scoot---cool.

#13 ·
techron said:
i remember in the late 60s there was a show car that had some crazy stage coach-hearse body thing with a big chrome engine inside it and the driver sat where the old stage coach drivers sat, cant remember what they called it but it was in several mags.

Might it be called "Boot hill express"?? When I was a kid, I always wanted build one like that when I "grew up", unfortunately I haven't grown up yet! LOL

#14 ·
powerrodsmike said:

just don't put any pics of it here unless it has front brakes, you'll be sorry!

later, mikey
Doc here... :pimp:

Well..I'm not going to be the one to say anything..But doesn't that look like his RIGHT FRONT BRAKE SHOE..is untied??? :D :D

Doc Saidit.. :pimp: :thumbup:

#17 ·
powerrodsmike said:

just don't put any pics of it here unless it has front brakes, you'll be sorry.

That being said, here is a cool place for you to see some other woodies, (that is what rosen5000 is talking about here, even if it isnt the more conventional car that you'd want to hang a surfboard out the back of),

http://www.oldwoodies.com/gallery.htm

Start browsing the gallery, there is all kind of fun stuff in there. :thumbup:

My favorite,

http://www.oldwoodies.com/img/rv/*******-rv.jpg

later, mikey
I've seen a truck a lot like that one in a museum somewhere. The truck was older and the roof went the other way.

I have thought about getting on of those Amish buggies but I wanted the horse to go with it. The higher gas gets the more appealing that idea is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.