I got new suspension parts installed! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

I got new suspension parts installed!

I had total hip replacement surgery 07/15/2009. So now my body isn't all original equipment, I have aftermarket parts in me! Hopefully when I get healed up I will have more gears than just slow and stop!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2009, 03:44 PM

Last journal entry: 1954 Chevy Truck Project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I hope those parts were made in the USA instead of some cheap taiwan knockoffs.

Glad you are back on two legs
Old 07-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston54
I hope those parts were made in the USA instead of some cheap taiwan knockoffs.

Glad you are back on two legs
I hope so too! I would just as soon not got through this again anytime soon.

Right now I'm on four "legs" counting the crutches.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFarmer2
I had total hip replacement surgery 07/15/2009. So now my body isn't all original equipment, I have aftermarket parts in me! Hopefully when I get healed up I will have more gears than just slow and stop!

Good luck with everything..Hope to see you running around soon. Take care of yourself,,You know we are here for you..
Old 07-21-2009, 05:11 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

My Mom suffered with bad hips for years and finally went to the Big Body Shop and had replacements. When she came around after the surgery, about the first thing she said was "They don't hurt any more!!". She went on to clarify that sure, she was sore from the surgery but the constant pain she had been in for years was gone. In six weeks, she was walking better than I ever remembered her so, Crash, you have a lot to look forward to!!! She was in her early 70s when she had the surgery (my age!!!) and she certainly enjoyed her new suspension until cancer got the best of her.

Trees
Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

A retired machinist friend of mine is building some of those parts part-time in his shop. Hopefully you got some of his.

Rehab is soo important now, you got to b tough and determined, I have no doubt you are both.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:40 PM

Last photo:

Hey Crash

We the members of our household wish you a speedy recovery.Older has got to be better.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:01 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

My wife is having hip replacement next month, her hip has been getting progressively more painfull, the last several months, she can barely walk now,, but still manages to work 3- 10 hr, and 1 -5 hr days, and on her feet the whole time,,[she is a beautician] every week, just to keep her insurance active to get this done,
It makes me hurt just to see her suffering like she does,, when she trys to walk,,
I don't see how she does it,,
Be glad when all this is over with , ans hopefully she will be able to walk again,,

How long is rehab usually? she is 61,,, but in good health otherwise
Old 08-11-2009, 11:13 PM

Last photo:

My dad got a new hip last summer and now, at 88, he can get out of a chair faster than I can. I fully expect him to be back up on the roof again stealing pecans from the squirrels this fall. I hope you do as well.

Bad Rat, he was not allowed to drive for 3 weeks, but he was driving his Suburban up and down the driveway before that. At his 3-week follow-up visit, the doc said he could do anything he wanted that didn't hurt. I took him home, and he promptly got in the car and left. A few days later, he was out back driving his garden tractor, which he had almost sold since he couldn't climb onto it before.

Last edited by jimfulco; 08-11-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfulco
My dad got a new hip last summer and now, at 88, he can get out of a chair faster than I can. I fully expect him to be back up on the roof again stealing pecans from the squirrels this fall. I hope you do as well.

Bad Rat, he was not allowed to drive for 3 weeks, but he was driving his Suburban up and down the driveway before that. At his 3-week follow-up visit, the doc said he could do anything he wanted that didn't hurt. I took him home, and he promptly got in the car and left. A few days later, he was out back driving his garden tractor, which he had almost sold since he couldn't climb onto it before.

Thanks Jim.. thats good news . I realize all surgerys are not the same. but if she will be able to steal the squirrels nuts ,peck **** with the chickens, and till the garden,, what more could a guy want?

Seriously tho,, it sounds like your dad was a go-getter guy before the hip problem,, a man like that it hard to keep down,, at any age, hope he stays well. and lives to be at least a 100,,
my wife went for her evaluation yesterday,, and the surgeon said that on a scale of 1-10 she was the worse 10 he had ever seen,, and rehab would be a huge factor, since she has put the surgery off for so long, [she's scared of course]

Thanks again for the reply

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.