Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I had my doors blown-off by a Ricer

20K views 177 replies 73 participants last post by  1BAD80 
#1 ·
I was taking my BB 73 Vette for a final run before I put it away for the winter a ricer pulled up beside me at the lights and he kept on teasing me So I figure I would blow the doors of this silly little ricer with his fart pipe and all. The light changed green and I nailed the monster I did spin the wheels a bit But that ricer dug in and man did he run he basically left me in the dust. The horror I guess our old technology just can keep up. The horror the horror. Hats off to the young crowd I guess it's their turn now. Oh well I guess I will go home and get drunk. The Horror the horror

#3 ·
poncho62 said:
Yeah, and they get all the women too, eh

Dam!! How did you know I am still looking for a women Mine move out a month ago She was my 3rd in 3 years. I am coming off a 15 year marriage. Still looking and now getting my doors blown-off by ricers. Whats next

#5 ·
I am a manager of a grocery store and I have several teenagers that work for me that drive "rice burners" with "fart pipes" (LOL @ auto-part). They hang out at the local drag strip and race against each other for bragging rights. But when they have car trouble they are always asking me questions and usually end up taking their cars to a shop for repairs!!!
I would rather drive a gas guzzling powerhouse that I can rebuild myself, than an import/compact that I can't even fit my hand in to change a belt.
Down with rice burners!

#6 ·
Yea i have many a friend in the ricer crowd. They all got 4 cylinders
and NOS and huge wings. and lets not forget the Butt Trumpet.
I know that they are the new generation and all but man...
since when does having a body kit make u fast? I wish they had
never made that movie fast and the furious, cause then maybe we would still have real cars....:mad:

#7 ·
Oh well, I would rather push that Vette than drive that piece of rice. :thumbup:

I'll save you any more embarrassment in the future, you can just send me that car.......he!! I'll even come pick it up!:mwink:

#8 ·
i've had my fair share of problems with ricers in the past( a few
months ago) and i beat the them all, but i have only raced a few.

i miss my charger....:(

p.s. i've shouldn't have been driving in the 1st place. i've stayed
off the road since then.. due to legal and safty issues...

1BAD80, i know what you mean, man. all the girls from my school
love those little fart boxes. but they liked my old charger better.:(

#9 ·
Come On auto-partner!! I told you it was time to add a blower and Pro-Street the old vette weeks ago! Now you're making us all look bad! Tell me did it look like a wing with a Honda bolted to it? With 4 hats on the seats? Dang, I saw that car just yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
Auto-Part said:
[ I guess our old technology just can keep up. Hats off to the young crowd I guess it's their turn now. [/B]
Now that's a load of Poo! Your driving a low comp. gutless big block. DO SOMETHING with it or sell it and buy the little Porsche that you were talking about!! The car that you own could easily be a 10 second terror if you would spend a little green on it!! Cubic Inches is HORSEPOWER! So, add a supercharger, or rebuild the engine with higher comp., big cam,etc. Add Nitrous! Remember, almost all of todays technology can be retrofitted to your classic!!

#14 ·
ha ha ha, oh man, whatever. I woudl never let myself get taken down by a littel piece of rice blowing in the wind. Get yourself the next step stickier, fatter tires, a pair of traction bars, some decent gears and either a blower or some NOS. If the rice boys want to play with the big boys let them. I'm from Detroit, and we don't take crap from rice around here.

:boxing: FIGHT BACK!

:thumbup:

#17 ·
Auto-Part said:
I was taking my BB 73 Vette for a final run before I put it away for the winter a ricer pulled up beside me at the lights and he kept on teasing me So I figure I would blow the doors of this silly little ricer with his fart pipe and all. The light changed green and I nailed the monster I did spin the wheels a bit But that ricer dug in and man did he run he basically left me in the dust. The horror I guess our old technology just can keep up. The horror the horror. Hats off to the young crowd I guess it's their turn now. Oh well I guess I will go home and get drunk. The Horror the horror

Whats the problem? if your scared say your scared, need a little more ponies? buy your self a "mild" nitrous kit, say 150shot, then go rice hunt'n, take off like you always do, and when it starts hooking, hit that button...and dont let off till that ricer is gone...DO YOU ACTUALY THINK you got out run by a stock 4 banger? if you did, take that BB out, shoot it, and buy yourself a 330hp 350 and try them again...:thumbup:

#18 ·
Let's make it fair and have the ricer guys add weight to their cars so all is equal, heck if you dropped that BB in a 240Z they'd never touch ya! It's not that they are making that much more HP than you they are running at 1/2 the weight.

Regards
Mark

Besides they all look the same!

#19 ·
Hey dudes, you're not alone. We too have to put up with those stupid, ugly, tacky fart boxes that are usually driven by pimply faced kids who wear their baseball caps back to front . Those cars do not inspire me at all with their sub woofers thumping tech-no tunes at the lights'n stuff. Just remember, while those rice engines are pushed to the very limits, what with their inter cooled turbo charging, multi valves, nitrous etc, your American iron is doing it easy. They're barely awake - and have so much potential left in them. Just what would happen to a SB Chev that's been massaged to rev to 7000rpm, with twin turbos and nitrous would be unthinkable for the street. Remember, it's uncool to push you're v8 classic against those rice burners - they're not worthy of the petrol wastage. When I slowly pull up against them at the lights in my 327 powered 1970 Holden utility/pick up, I don't even bother looking at the wankers. They know what money can't by - soul. The cars of today have lost most of their soul during the billions of dollars put into N.V.H. (noise, vibration and harshness) reduction development. The steering, suspension, exhaust and engine systems are over isolated from the cabins, giving a numbing sensation to the driving feel. The engineers are told by the marketing departments to make the cars as smooooooth as possible as that's perceived quality. So while they're making us nice cars, we continue to crave for something a little more er', fun. Today when you start the engine of a modern car, there's none of that sensation that the car has suddenly come alive. There's just nothing. It's like being brought up only eating burgers from fast food chains all your life. You'd never know what you're missing....until you taste a real burger, made individually by a real person using real meat. Yeah! A carb fed V8 does and always will, feel better than anything modern technology can come up with. I've driven every car imaginable (almost) and I always feel at home when I fire up those dirty V8's. Have I said too much? Yeah, I'm just fed up too. The Fa*t and Furiou* movie has probably been responsible for who knows how many deaths around the world by drivers imitating the irresponsible stunts seen in the movie. Like driving through red lights. Good one! I'll never race a rice burner. They're not worthy! Rob :boxing:

#22 ·
GTVE THE LITTLE BUGGERS CREDIT...............THEY BEAT YA. Its called NEW TECHNOLOGY.

There will always be something that comes along that is quicker. Even GM is making more power now than they ever have with less inches.

#25 ·
poncho62 said:
GTVE THE LITTLE BUGGERS CREDIT...............THEY BEAT YA. Its called NEW TECHNOLOGY.

There will always be something that comes along that is quicker. Even GM is making more power now than they ever have with less inches.
He's right, when I was 18 I bought a brand new '94 Acura Integra with 170hp from factory and that little car was really fast, I could only imagine what a turbo and some nitrous could have done to that car, but after 94 the hp went to sh*t, and the 72 SS Nova I had been making payments on all summer was finaly mine and thats when I started getting 2wld, and now im 28 and im 2wld4u...:D

#26 ·
Ricers....hmm.

I have a 68 bird and a 99 modified GTP.

I dont know if the 99 GTP counts as rice since it is "new technology" but I like it, as dose my wife so I think I can somewhat identify with the import croud.

I have raced ricers several times and have been beat only once in my GTP. Found out after he did 13 flat he was turboed and squirting the poor 4 banger.

I think the imports are a cheep way for kids to get into the performance scene. There is a lot of aftermarket for them and I think thats great.

In the long run of things bigger cubes are better, cheaper and more reliable than modified import technology. In conclusion, I believe my firebird is better suited for track action than my family sedan (although it sure is fun to see the looks on people's faces after I smoke them in the GTP). To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.