Hot Rod Forum banner

i have a 1961 chevy apache 10 does anyone know what metal my brake lines are?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  EBlack36 
#1 ·
well like it says i want to know if i were to weld a tiny hole in my brake line would it be okay i got a little wire feed welder i did it anyways but i don't know if it will hold i put all my weight and muscle down on the pedal after i bled the brakes and it seems to be holding up very well but i'm not tottaly sure.

#4 ·
poncho62 said:
PUT A NEW LINE ON...........................Only cost a couple of bucks.
I thought we went through this last week.

just be sure to tell us where you live, cause I don't want to be any where near ya when have to do a power stop.

1st- off, if you get into an accident & the law finds out, you'll be in deep doo-doo and may spend some time in jail.

2nd- your not only putting your own life at risk, BUT everyone elses too & anyone who is crazy enuff to ride w/you.

3rd- if your that damn cheap to repair your truck correctly, then you shouldn't be driving it.....

remember SAFETY FIRST

#5 ·
If you have to go through a state safety inspection, it will fail if the inspector sees it. Just go to the parts store and buy the length of tubing that you will need. Also remember that the flares on the ends if you need to redo them for any reason need to be double flares, it takes a special tool, but it will pay for itself in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.