Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - i have a genuine concerne. need some input.
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 12:49 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

I sometimes worry that if pot is totally legalized, that the urban youth (and not so youthful) who sell weed to make a living will then have to resort to harder drugs, or get a real job. Real jobs seems the least likely of the two, so that leaves many more pushers of hard dope working the streets.

The cause and effect of dope is mind boggling. I just watched a show on Frontline I think it was on families in Pakistan taking loans from heroin traffickers. The deal was the traffickers paid them $20,000- which over there is a king's ransom. Then the families grew poppies to term then the traffickers came back, harvested the crop and the deal was done.

The problems started when the government eradicated these family-grown poppy fields. Then when the traffickers came back, no dope. So in return for the debt, they demand children if the money couldn't be repaid. This has been their way of settling unsecured debt going back centuries.

I say the families shouldn't take the money in the first place, but it's easy for me to say that- I don't live in the armpit of the world.

Medical pot? I suppose so. But I would have to be damned sick before I would do it. It made me feel unwell for lack of a better word. Not fun at all. And VERY hungry. I would end up weighing 300 lbs.!

There are prescription pills that contain the active ingredients of pot. I wonder why that's not used more.