Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I have stock Gen IV 454 & 781 Heads, Compression ????
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 PM

Last journal entry: 1990 ss....... Starting out as just another chevy/ going to end in a show near you
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Holy WOW Techinspector1!!! I havent had a moment to let that sink. Work has that affect. lol I had an alert from my phone telling me I had a response to this post.. After looking over it at work. I knew I had to take a moment when I got in, to Thank You for the detailed instructions on SCR and DCR. In which I had no idea on DCR! So I really want you to know how thankful I am for your concern and time to explain in detail the critical knowledge needed when deciding how and which way to go when building an engine properly. And, KNOWING all your components are coordinated together! So, Thank You!

Im going to have to play with those equations and use different engines and pistons and gaskets in order to really grasp and KNOW the math! It appears Im going to have to use dome pistons for where Im going. If not, I may in the future, so..... Please do. Explain Dome Piston SCR and DCR.... MY guess would be to read the same literature as the piston eyebrows and find the negative side of the dome piston and just subtract that? then, Also having to check clearance from deck height to be sure valves are in the clear and the quench is where it needs to be.. Of coarse I have no clue how that process would need to go. But, Using what Ive just learned and what your about to teach me on DOME, I know Im about to learn!!!

On another Note..... I have another engine.. exact same as Im wanting to work on and talking about in this forum.. SO, My plan is to rent a climate controlled storage unit. use that as my temporary shop.. and Build that engine Correctly. Instead of building half now and half in the spring.. Why not just tear it down, send it to the machine shop and start. ground up!