I haven't seen this all winter - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

I haven't seen this all winter

My kid just had to drive my Lincoln to prom so I had to get it out for the first time I have had it off the place this year. I snapped this picture on the way to town. Do not try this at home, I am a trained professional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Race The Truck

Last journal entry: Son's Truck
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I all most forgot what it was like to live out in the middle of nowhere. How close is you nearest neighbor?

Craig
Old 04-23-2006, 09:36 PM

Last photo:

The nearest neighbor is only 1/8th of a mile away but the nearest town is 10 miles.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Race The Truck

Last photo:

I some times miss living on a farm not have the guy 30 foot away winging you making to much noised. But after living in the city for so long its Just handy to have everything at you finger tips. But as my Uncle told me. I can go to work naked and know one would care because know ones looking. Well never saw my uncle walking a round naked but if you think about it you could.

Craig
Old 04-24-2006, 07:49 AM

Last photo:

Well Craig, I never went out and did any work naked but I did have a girlfriend years ago that would sunbath nude on the edge of the field I was working. She would pick a spot That was not visible from the road or a neighbor's house. No, it never caused me to run the tractor through a fence but I did enjoy the view from the tractor seat.

When my wife and I got married I lived up in Des Moines for about a year but I could not get adjusted to city life. My wife was from a small town in Northern Iowa and had vowed she was never going to marry a farmer and live on a farm. I always felt like people were watching me every time I went outside. It all came to a head one day when the city man knocked on the door and told me I had way too many cars in my driveway. I only had six! I convinced my wife to move down to the farm and she has lived here 17 years now, so much for her city life.

We did take showers with a garden hose setup behind the house for part of one summer when I tore the bathtub out and replaced it with a new one.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:19 AM

Last photo:

One more thing about that year I live in the city. My tomato crop was not worth a hoot that year. I did not spend enough time down on the farm taking care of things and talk about a crop failure. Luckily my Uncle came through for me since he had a bumper crop that year. I came home from his place with a whole Buick full of tomatoes and I canned 90 quarts that year.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFarmer2
My kid just had to drive my Lincoln to prom so I had to get it out for the first time I have had it off the place this year. I snapped this picture on the way to town. Do not try this at home, I am a trained professional.
What am I suposed to be looking at here? Yhat dont look like no Linclon hood ornament to me,it looks like a Grand Prix hood ornament. How fast are we going in this picture? If you cant go out on the porch to fetch your morning newspaper naked,or take a piss off your porch, then you live to close to town.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:39 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolblackie
What am I suposed to be looking at here? Yhat dont look like no Linclon hood ornament to me,it looks like a Grand Prix hood ornament. How fast are we going in this picture? If you cant go out on the porch to fetch your morning newspaper naked,or take a piss off your porch, then you live to close to town.
Yes, that is the wrong hood ornament but that is what was on it when I bought the car and I haven't bothered to look for the right one. You also can't see the Cadillac aluminum rims I just put on the car but they are only temporary. If I can find some spinner center caps to put on factory Buick mags I am going to put those on for a while and see how they look. How many people are going to know that they are Buick rims on a Lincoln?

Looks like I am doing 61 mph when I shot the picture.

And I agree with your last statement.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:40 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:

Funny this should come up-yesterday, my Wife and I were talking about when we lived on our 3200 Acre Farm, how much we missed the "Simple Life"-while we lived there I really missed the Mountains (grew up in 'em), my Wife was from Eastern Nebraska, and she grew to love the Mountains. I commented that when we lived on the Plains I missed the Mountains, when I live in the Mountains I missed the Plains-guess I'm never happy
Old 04-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Race The Truck

Last photo:

I grew up In Rubert, Idaho not to far from where evil tried to jump the snake river. 5,000 people next biggest town was Burley. I thought it was great. No Stress. A farmer could make a good living. Now day if your a small guy you for sure have to buy in to a coop I don't think I spelled that right. Anyway It hard to make money. I find living in the city sucks but you have to work and driving 50-60 miles to live out side the city is just nuts.

Its funny when you said it feels like everyone watching you. Well they are .Right now I'm setting in the front bed room that has a big bay window and I can see half the houses a round me. I not watching anyone I'm just enjoy the nice day, but if your out working on you car and your pants are hanging low well I'm getting the whole show
The only thing I like about the city life is one if I need to run to the auto parts store I got about 5 with in about 1-2 mile of me, I need a race part I go to the speed shops or resto shops. I can touch everything I don't for the most part have to order anything. If I want to go and eat out I just do.

I can't stand in my front door naked or take a leak well maybe in my back yard. I for sure would be going to jail.
Life is so much slower on a farm. For us city folks it like watching grass grow can't do it. Were going moving doing this and doing that. No wonder were all stress out.
Hmmm, I'm sorry if I have a girl friend naked in the field I don't know if I could drive a tractor or keep the rows straight she would have to go or I would be plowing a different field.
So I have to guess farm girls are more fun that the city ones.

Craig

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.