Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I just found an old relic of an early 1900 ?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Mktg4future

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I just found an old relic of an early 1900 ?

Hi everyone! I just joined today mainly because I happened across this old vehicle out in the sagebrush, that remarkably is in pretty fair condition for how long I imagine it had been sitting there. I can't find any numbers, letters, or any other markings that might help to identify it.
It sort of looks like a Ford model, but after spending a few hours looking at pictures of all the old cars from1900 to 1940, and nothing matched what I have.
It has a single flat windshield intact. Short nose front end made of solid wood and wrapped in metal. Passenger door has no dents, complete with exterior pull handle and roll up window.The lock handle inside on top,inside door handle, & window actuator handle are intact and still work. There is another window behind the door on the corner of the back end that is curved glass still intact.
The mullions where the doors latch are mortised on both sides with hardware to accommodate another door to latch, but there wasn't any other doors around.
The top of the car and around all the windows is lined with wood and was finished natural.

Without a picture to show,l that's about it. Anybody have a clue what it might be?

Thanks , Doug Email Me