Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I just found an old relic of an early 1900 ?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Mktg4future

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Mystery car solved

I didn't think it would take me that long to find a match to satisfy my curiosity, but I gotter done.
My son-in-law came over last night and helped me out and we came up with some pictures to compare against each other.
What really baffled me was the curved glass in the back corners and why was there fabric remnants and crap on the outside of the car.
It wasn't the outside, it was the other side of the divider wall that seperates the driver from his patrons in a limousine.Which also made sense on the double door mullions.
Near as I can date it from what was stock on the limo per year, I'm pretty sure it's a 1923 Imperial Sedan Limousine. Since none of the vehicles back then marked or stamped the car bodies anywhere, it's pretty much an investigative procedure to try to figure it out.
Wish I had more pieces and parts, but I don't. I did get the passenger door window and latch working like new. The passenger side is in good shape, along with the glass.