Hot Rod Forum banner

I know I know

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Stinkin_V8 
#1 ·
i know that there are gonna be guys who say why would you lower a 4x4? cuz I am thinkin about it that is why :) and also cuz i want the traction on the snow up here in canada eh and i want a lower cener of gravity :D is it possible to do a 3/4 drop w/o screwin up suspension and driveline geomitry ? any recommendation on the manufacturer of parts?

Thanks

#4 ·
Belltech makes a new key for the front suspension, lets you lower it a few more inches than you could with the stock torsion bar suspension. Lowering blocks in the rear or a de-arched rear spring.

Read your post about the transmission, too - if you have an '86, chances are you've got a 2.8L V6. The bolt pattern on those is different than the 5.7L so the tranny is gonna be the small bellhousing 700R4. Not sure about the 4 cyl. bolt patterns. I put a 350/350 combo in my '85 Blazer 4x4 using the Advance Adapters parts, I highly recommend spending a few extra bucks on the 700R4. It'll pay for itself with fuel economy and will be quicker off the line.

BTW, on the off chance you're replacing the xfer case, too - the Astro uses the same AWD case as the Syclone/Typhoon. You just have to keep the front diff engaged all the time.

Good luck! :)

[ December 17, 2002: Message edited by: Stinkin_V8 ]</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.