I know its not a car.. But I thought I'd show it off anyways. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2004, 08:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I know its not a car.. But I thought I'd show it off anyways.

I showed my english teacher a picture of the mustang that I painted and she said that she might have a project for me to do. About a week later she approached me with this proposition. "I have an old book case that we recieved from surplus. I was wondering if you would be willing to paint it for me?" I accepted, made a rough sketch of what was in my head. The only guide lines were that It had to have the School colors of purple and gold/yellow, and that it had to have some school spirit. So I did some searching arround for different paint ideas and came up with what I got. Its done in spray paint, because there is no spray booth or anything close to it at my Highschool. The Purple stripes are actually a Candy type cover made by Krylon.. So I did a candy purple stripe with ghosted in school symbols. I then put the stars down, and pinstriped it all. End of story.. It took me approxamatly 16 or 17 hours to do this.

It turned out alright.. The only major delema that I encountered was the existing paint was CRAP.. and would pull off... you can tell it wasnt painted well, You can tell it was done for a public school.. jeezee...

Here are the pictures of the end product.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sepaint005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sepaint010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sepaint011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sepaint012.jpg

enjoy..
Max Biggs

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2004, 09:40 PM

Last photo:

impressive rattle can work..
Old 11-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
Max, not only are you a VERY talented artist, you have such a cool artist name. I can see that signature all artsy at the bottom.....MAX BIGGS

Max, I don't want to get sappy here but looking at the great work you do at such a young age reminds of the the famous first recording of Elvis "My Happiness". I listen to that and think my God, this seventeen year old kid with no voice lessons delivered that song with the skills of a seasoned pro.

Max, you paint like a seasoned pro. I thank God for the artists such as you (and Elvis) who make the world beautiful.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:49 AM

Last journal entry: Harley/Fire
Last photo:

Great job! I teach Art at a small Midwestern town- it is GREAT to see someone young agree to do work on something as unexciting as a bookcase...!!! I find it difficult for some of my students to understand that sometimes you have to do some average daily jobs to increase public awareness of your capabilities... again... Great Job!! and good luck to you!!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:36 AM

Last photo:

THANKS GUYS.. I really appreciate the comments. I still dont concider my paint to the equivalent of a seasoned pro, but Its better than a lot of people can do. I kind of got excited with this project. My goal in life is to make the ugliest cars trick. Like the old civic and carolla station wagons. Boy they are ugly.

There is definatly more comming. I've been commisioned to do a few more projects. I'll throw up a few pictures when they are done..

Thanks again guys.. I really do appreciate it.

oh and by the way.. I sign my name by what my spanish speaking friend Julio named me.. Mad Max. It seems to fit reasonably well.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.