Hot Rod Forum banner

I love my Gerber!

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  1971BB427 
#1 ·
The last birthday of mine that my mother-in-law was alive she gave me a card with $25 in it. I went straight to the hardware store and bought this Gerber. I had been thinking about getting one for a while and with that cash, that was it. So this Gerber is more than just a tool, it's kinda like she is here helping me. :D Anyway, that has nothing to do with why I like this thing so much. It is so damn handy having it on my belt. I find myself stuck in a bad place, pulling off some door panel on a car in the parking lot and it's hanging by the window wire that I can't get off and I can't put the panel down or the wire will be damaged and I can't put it back on for some reason, you know the traps we get into. I can't believe how often I am able to pull out that Gerber and get the job done. It is on my belt for weeks and I never even use it, then WHAM, it saves me big time.

It's a hell of a tool, if you don't have one you maybe should think about it.

Brian

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
#6 ·
Cool, I usually forget to get them sharped up, I use just an old stone. That's why I don't want to use this one for anything that way it stays sharp. :D

Brian

#10 ·
I don't want to think about it that much. Knowing me, it would only mean I would forget it all together and I don't want to do that.

Brian

#13 ·
Kershaw Onion
Kershaw Leak
Spyderco Police (original; made in Golden Colorado)
Benchmade model 42 (titanium handled balisong)
A couple FHM (Filipino Hand Made) balisongs
Kerambit
Spyderfly
Spyderco Endura
Ka-bar by Camillus

I carry the Police or the Endura most of all. Uh my name is Nathan; I like Spyderco and I have a problem LOL

#16 ·
I have a Leatherman (made here in Portland) a Gerber, and an SOG. All gifts from family over the years. My biggest gripe with the Leatheman is the grip. When opened the plier grip is the thin edge of the channel that tools fold from, so the harder I grip it, the more it digs into my hand. Stupid design. The other two both have the wide flat edge to grip, so you can really grip hard, and be comfortable.
I actually don't carry any of them, as I've always preferred a good pocket knife. But I do have the SOG tossed in my emergency travel kit, so it's there in case I need another tool.

#17 ·
Yeah, the Gerber is really an awesome tool working just like a regular pair of pliers when opened.

I don't wear the Gerber anywhere but work but I sure wish I had it now and then when I am not.

Brian

#21 ·
His own board of directors has denounced his associations, and organizations he supports. They've tried to separate themselves and the company from his personal interests. But it's tough to really separate the two, when we all know he's getting the company profits, and using them in this direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.