i need a 383 build!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

i need a 383 build!!

i have a supercharged 383 stroker that was built for me, so unfortunatly i dont know all the specs. Im not impressed with the numbers it makes and i lost trust in the builder so i have no idea what he actually used to build the motor. It made a little over 400Hp to the wheels on 4lbs. of boost, iron heads, weind 177 roots type blower, and 102 octane. I want to put aluminum heads on it but have no idea the brand and size to buy. And im convinced that the bottom end isn't as strong as the builder claims it is so i just want to rebuild it from scratch. My goal is a bullet proof 600+ Hp, street monster. But i want it to be a perfect math equationed masterpeice, not a barn build time bomb, which is what i build. HA HA. If any one has any build sheets or knowledge they can share i would be much apprecative! Oh and does anyone know an honest talented engine Shop or builder in the central florida area?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 01:01 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger69
But i want it to be a perfect math equationed masterpeice

I assume you mean a thuroughly engineered engine.... How much do you want to pay? If you have no budget then I wouldn't even mess with the sbc, start with something that is a much better platform like a new Porsche, BMW, or Audi engine. Hell, what about McLaren, or Rolls Royce?

Building a perfect engine has never been done, but there are some REALLY good ones out there, and all they cost is money.

None of the domestic engines that I can think of come close to competing with high end imports, except in price, where domestic is MUCH more affordable.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:15 PM

there is no such thing as too fast.

I do have a budget, and im aware there is no such thing as perfect. But there are small block geniuse's out there and thats what im looking for. Some one who can tell me an awsome combination. I want to stick with my sbc, blower setup but i want it to run at its potential. What im really looking for is a good shop in the central florida area. But thanks for your positivity and advice.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:06 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger69
I do have a budget, and im aware there is no such thing as perfect. But there are small block geniuse's out there and thats what im looking for. Some one who can tell me an awsome combination. I want to stick with my sbc, blower setup but i want it to run at its potential. What im really looking for is a good shop in the central florida area. But thanks for your positivity and advice.

awesome combination for what? Besides that blower and an unknown 383 long block what do you currently have? Your answer is as good as the details you provide, so far your details are nonexistent.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.