Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I need an expert opinion
View Single Post
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 AM
zildjian4life218's Avatar
zildjian4life218 zildjian4life218 is offline
Listen and Learn
Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: WNY/Rochester, New York
Age: 28
Posts: 1,777
Wiki Edits: 7

Thanks: 72
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
258 and 264 are the advertised intake and exhaust duration. 230/236 is duration @ 050 valve lift.
.561/.574 is the gross valve lift,not counting what you lose due to valve lash.108 is lobe ceparation angle and 104 is the intake love center line,,,.018 is the feeler guage size for valve lash,,1800 to 5600 is the RPM range of the cam
Why are you recommending a solid cam for a 70% street vehicle that's only planning on running 13s at the track? A hydraulic flat tappet or hydraulic roller could do just as good with out the hassles of running a solid tappet
Reply With Quote