Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I need help mounting a body to frame where it does not belong! (pics inside)
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 08:37 PM

Last wiki edit: Calculating tire size
Last journal entry: Changes...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I need help mounting a body to frame where it does not belong! (pics inside)

I just bought somebody else's old project truck, it is a 1975 bronco (the early short wheelbase kind) with a 1982 ford courier truck body on it (ford courier was a rebadged mazda B2000). The bed was shortened and welded to the cab to match the bronco wheelbase. The guy didn't do a very good job and I need it to pass a thorough inspection before I'm allowed to plate it.

The bed is mounted solid to the frame by welded plates, and the cab is sitting on lots of hockey pucks and 2 proper body mounts. I would like to set it up to work with normal rubber body mounts from front to back so it looks proper and can pass the inspection. Check out the pictures:

Here is the truck:

Here is the first mount at the front of the vehicle:

Here is the second mount (don't laugh!)

Here you can see the rear cab mounts (the only ones that look normal!)
And the front mount for the bed (solid plate)

Here are the rear two mounts (the A shaped plates, also welded solid).

I can't get the body any lower on the chassis because the motor and transfer case are already intruding on the small interior, and you can see the rear cab mounts are already sitting on the frame. I was thinking of making up some kind of big mounts welded to the body that comes down to the original body mounts on the frame in the original mounting positions.

What do you guys think?