i need help realy bad - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2005, 03:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i need help realy bad

i have a 93 dodge Dakota with a 3.9 v6. my problem is that i have no power to the coil or the feul injectors. i bought a new computer for it thinking that it went bad but still nothing changed when i installed it. can someone please help i have a car show tomorrow.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Fuses

Doc here,

First off , let me make it clear , I am NOT a Dodge guy... so my answer is pointed toward the generic...

But if you are experiencing power loss to the Coil and Injectors... Check your fuse panel for fuses marked "Inj" "ECU" ECM" or "Computer", If those are good...

Confirm if it is power or pulse your losing..at the injector, one side will be +12 volts measured to ground with a DMM, the other one will show a Minus pulse (if your DMM is fast enough) or a -3 to 5 volt pulse, you may need a noid light for this....

If the 12 volt side is missing, you need to track fused power source..and the wire between the injector and fuse panel...

If the low pulse is missing you need to check the wire between the computer and the low side of the Injector...whatever you do...DO NOT HARD ground this line! you will damage the computer and injectors...The pulse is lower than ground and VERY low current and buffered to keep it that way.

What I see happening is this: you have lost coil power , for some reason...this sets up the spark framework for the the dizzy and part of the Dizzy output is a reference pulse going back to the computer to "Sync" Injector pulses to the injectors from the Dizzy..No spark..No reference..No Injectors..

Get the coil working FIRST..try a jumper from the battery to the hot side of the coil and crank it..does spark return? If so check that wire and it;s power source..

If not..replace the coil with a known good one..try again..does spark return? If so try and start it...It SHOULD fire..

If not , you may have other damage to the reference pulse side or Injector pulse ..check these wires going to the dizzy and injectors
from the computer for continuity..

That should get you running..

Also does this have a Cam position and crank position magnetic pick up?

I think Dodge uses the extensively..and they (the crank position) fails Rather frequently..

If you have them check those while checking for the no spark issue, however if it's a NO POWER situation to the coil, I doubt this will be the cause..these will kill the spark side only..

Doc
Old 09-02-2005, 05:06 PM

Last photo:

ok i checked the fuses none was blown. i jumped the coil and it did get spark and so did the injectors. then i tryed starting it again and it still would start it just crank over. so what do i do now
Old 09-02-2005, 05:25 PM

Last photo:

ok does anyone have a shop manual for my dodge and that can scan and email me the wiring diagram for my dodge cause it still won't start and now the fuel pump won't kick on. my email is EBWSnightmare@aol.com thanks
Old 09-02-2005, 06:22 PM

Last photo:

I don't have a copy of the diagram you're looking for but maybe someone on this forum, http://www.dodgeforum.com/ or more specifically this, http://www.dodgeforum.com/forumid_28/tt.htm, can help. Just an idea. Good luck!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Schematic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingclub142
ok does anyone have a shop manual for my dodge and that can scan and email me the wiring diagram for my dodge cause it still won't start and now the fuel pump won't kick on. my email is EBWSnightmare@aol.com thanks
Doc here,

Here ya go my man...

Or you can go here to download it yourself...

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d80113bc2.jsp

Hope it helps..

Doc

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.