Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I need intellegent input concerning HP ratings.
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Horsepower Enthusiast

Last journal entry: Finished BMOD001FH
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I agree 100%, take "chevy 350 cam'd" every time he posts a different engine combination he asks the same question "do you think this will make over 400 horse?" the answer is always the same....no.

Generally speaking, people who say they have a 500 horse small block have no idea of just how it feels to be actually riding in a 500 HP car.

My BBC cost around 8 grand to build and is about as wild as you can get on pump gas, is ACTUALLY making 500+ HP at the motor. I finished it last year and can honestly say that I have never had the opportunity to open the throttle all the way. If you open it more than 3/4 it lights up the 12.5 wide mickey thompsons and you are so busy trying to get it through the first couple of gears without having it bounce off the rev chip (7,000 rpm) that you don't even notice that you are over 90 mph until it is too late.

500 Horse is a life changing experience and you know when you have got it. And if you can drive your car safely at WOT on the street then you haven't got it....