I Need A Muffler!!!!!!!!!! - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Do the right thing...

Wiki Edits: 0

Well you see, I went to www.Askjeeves.com, looked up Flowtech terminator muffler, and I found a site with 23 reviews on this muffler from www.carreview.com. Check it out! Only three reviews were made by unhappy people. The first few reviews and some scattered throughout include very happy v6 and v4 reviews. Look at the very first review and you'll see what I mean. But yeah I'll have to try it to find out if it was a waste of cash, or if I struck gold with something I really enjoy.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2005, 09:58 AM

Last photo:

Bronco, cool, hope it works out for you. but my point is...Im geussin that if I went to FLowmasters reviews , most of the people would say they love the sound of those...I personally dont...unless there behind a very healthy engine. actually, I dont like loud exhaust much at all unless its behind a very healthy engine. If its loud it better be fast. but thats just me, & I know Im odd LOL. my Super Turbos behind my 454 are as loud as I care for...it could even be quieter
Old 04-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Do the right thing...

Well my engine is only a 2.9L v6. It's displacement is 179 ci. You can stop laughing now (LOL). Anyways I wanted to originally use a flowmaster 40 series on my truck. I listened to sound clips and it sounded like a small v8. The only drawback to this scenario is that flowmasters are expensive! I might as well just make a "flowmaster". All it is is an oval body with three angled plates in the middle. If the flowmasters were cheaper, I would get them. But for now I have decided to use the Thrush. If I don't like it, then I won't be mad at myself because it only costs $20.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Make sure and post a sound clip once its on. I personally grow tired of all the flowmasters driving around here. I had some original 40's on my truck and I couldn't tell it apart from the neighbors el camino or the other neighbors 4x4 truck so I got rid of them. Picked up some Borla mufflers which I LOVE. Very quiet while cruising but when given a healthy stomp of throttle its like a whole different muffler. Louder than the 40's were. However they came at a hefty price of about $105 each.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Do the right thing...

I'll be sure to post a sound clip of it once the muffler has been used for a little while.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:26 PM
Do the right thing...

I admit that I'm stupid

Remember the whole muffler choice scenario for my bronco II? And I said that my exhaust pipe diameter was 1 3/4"? I don't know what the hell was wrong with me when I measured the pipe when there was still snow on the ground. I just measured the pipes again with calipers and it turns out that I was way off. The muffler inlet pipe off of the cat is 2 1/4" outside diameter, and the muffler outet/tailpipe was 2" outside diameter. So the only real restrictive parts on my entire exhaust are the manifolds, which I plan to replace with Hedman headers. Does anyone think that my truck will run lean with the addition of headers? Or will it be fine considering that the rest of the exhaust is relatively unrestrictive?
Old 04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Should be okay. What is the setup overall?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Do the right thing...

Cast iron manifolds are crap

Right now: Cast iron manifolds which have a two into one pipe coming off of the manifolds, Dual cat (original ford part), muffler, tailpipe that exits behind the rear right tire. The cat setup is this : cat, 1' of pipe, second cat, 1' of pipe, muffler etc. The tailpipe rusted and fell off about 6" or 7" from the muffler. I think the stock tailpipe had a resonator on it. I'm buying a replacement tailpipe without a resonator to gain some extra sound and flow from the Thrush muffler I'm going to buy.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Do the right thing...

Sound clips!

I finally found enlightenment! Check this out. www.exhaustsoundclips.com, choose ford under sound clips, then choose 2.9L v6. There are some sound clips there which include no muffler, a glasspack, and a flowmaster delta 40. The glasspack sounds like an import car, no muffler kind of sounds stupid, and the flowmaster sounds sweet in my opinion. I'm hoping that the turbo I'm getting will sound similar. Check it out! There's a whole bunch of other sound clips for almost any make car and engine!
Old 04-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!

Last photo:

DUDE youve made like 7 posts just for a crappy muffler...freakin buy it buy em all there cheap, the n you will know what they sound like on you 4 banger, im tired of seeing a new exaust muffler post every day by you. either buy it or dont but quit making new posts, use the ones you already created **** man.

1 http://www.hotrodders.com/t61573.html
2 http://www.hotrodders.com/t61394.html
3 http://www.hotrodders.com/t61188.html
4 http://www.hotrodders.com/t59925.html
5 http://www.hotrodders.com/t60869.html <-***
6 http://www.hotrodders.com/t60795.html
7 http://www.hotrodders.com/t60511.html
8 QUIT BEING A TURD.

BTW WHEN YOU FIST SIGNED UP DIDNT I SEE YOUR AGE AS 14???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GoodMuffler.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	4739  

Last edited by 1Fast65Elky; 04-23-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:

I prefer Hooker Aero Chambers. They are worth the extra cash.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:06 AM

I have used both the Super Turbo and the Thrush...the Super Turbo is a much better muffler and it sounds better too! I used to go thru a Thrush muffler about every 10-12 months, the Supers have been on for 1 1/2 years and they still sound and look good.

Putt
Old 04-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Do the right thing...

Money is what makes the world go around

I thought about the aero chambers, but they aren't made in the right configuration to fit my truck and they are too expensive. I'll try out the Thrush and if I don't like it, I won't get mad because it's only $20.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Do the right thing...

I'm 17 retard. And unlike you, I'm not going to buy something on impulse because then if I don't like what I'm buying, it's a waste of money. And get it right. My bronco II has a v6. If it was a v4, I wouldn't even bother trying to find a good muffler for it. When I make decisions I rely on existing resources and other people's opinions before making a purchase. I don't get something or make something for other people's enjoyment, because I get what I think sounds good and what looks good. Now if you don't like me, then insult me directly instead of insulting how I find information.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Pure American Muscle

Last journal entry: Still Going
Last photo:

WOW... lets calm down here. No need to yell and firght over muffler posts...
Bronco what he is really trying to say is that you keep posting new threads everything you come up with something new. Why not just add on to one you already have? Then if some completely new topic comes up like say switching from all muffler talk to what pipe size would work best srat a new one. I guess it just clutters things having 5 post about mufflers on the same opening page. Also if you search around you should find plenty of post of this stuff maybe not just for you but I know the sound clips have already been posted and might be in the kno. base. Other then that hope ya find what ya want.
Chris

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.