Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I need a new motor in my vw.
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 05:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I need a new motor in my vw.

Ok wtf? my motor sezied up over night i guess. So i got a few options its gonna be like $875 to rebuild the top part of the motor to stock. Or $1400 to rebuild the top part, throw in a cam, and bore it to a 1915cc. Or $1300 for a new motor with all new parts, a new clutch and pressure plate and all that good stuff? What should i do? I want to have a kick *** motor soon probably in like 1 and a half years or 2 years. Should i buy a used 2000cc porsche motor and start my project from there, or should i buy a 1600 block and build it up?? I am 16 with not alot of knowalge with motors and not a whole lot of cash(i own a vw i mean yeah their like 800 bucks for a okie one thats running). I would start with a different car but i just put like 25 hours of my own time in to the body, shaving it sanding it down to bare metal, primering it with like 3 coats and all that good stuff. I love this car, no it may not be the best or the fastest, the motor i have in it now, with a msd ignition, and s&s header/exahust, and a k&n airfilter, i can beat stock civics and accords(none v-tec, and some v-tec), me and my friends have burned two sets of rear tires off it in the past few months spinnin doughnuts and peeling out and drifting(all in a controled inviroment one my friends is rich and has a 4 mile long 3 car wide paved drive way with lots of turns and a big *** circle at the end). I dont know what to do? any vw people please help.

Peace,
Wil