Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I need a new motor in my vw.
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Luv the smell of burnt RICE

Wiki Edits: 0

i also got a beetle.. 74 super convertible.. the motor i baught it with is a 1641cc.. from a 72 beetle.. but i dont understand how yours can light em up so easly.. i gota rev the snot outa mine drop the clutch then be lucky to get a chirp.. and i do have dual carbs.. car runs great.. was thinking about selling it for a lift kit for my truck?? the car needs major attention on body work.. and thats one thing i don't no how to do prperly.. body work! and buddy.. over here in canada.. it would cost me 5 grand to build a decent powered motor.. and thats be genorus.. (cheap parts) go for the top of the line parts.. then u lookin at a easy 8 grand....200 hp.. thats another reason y i wana sell it.. parts arnt cheap.. i'd love to restore.. it.. but having to other cars.. i don't no if its worth the money.. but then again cant sell it for anything cuz its rusty.. dam.. looks like i just told u my life story.. anyways.. ya the motors are simple to pull.. 4 bolts off the transaxle.. i'd also be worried y it sezied up.. before deciding to rebuild, i think i might check out ebay.. hey if i cam accross a little racing motor i'd put it in before i sell.. proboly rip the thing to pieces.. but be fun racing around!