Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I Need some diagnosis help
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
We are looking at pictures and it's always better to give advice when your actually there, looking at and feeling the damage.

From the pictures I feel a stud puller would help minimize the amount of filler...however...the dents look fairly deep and the metal would be stretched...heat would be an option to shrink the metal along with a stud puller would also help reduce the amount of filler you would use.

Ray
Yes, the metal would be stretched, but the stud welder heats the metal which causes it to shrink. You ever see anybody use a stud welder without the studs to remove "popping" metal, I believe they call it "oil can?" It works pretty nice. I do have a shrinking disc i have used many times as well.

Yes, you are right. The fender had damage that looked like it got attacked by a pick hammer.(only drivers side) I spent quite some time shrinking and beating it before slapping filler over it.

I got the car up in Damascus in PA, my buddy lives up in that area. The guy i bought it from said it was a California car which was sold to a guy out in Pittsburgh and eventually under his possesion.

Me and my father were wondering if some angry ex girlfriend of a previous owner went nuts on the car or something of that sort. The pick hammer marks were all concentrated on the fender wheel well portion.

Its funny the things you find when you strip a car. Under my seats was some old Barbie with Barbie and Ken stamp set. The stamps still worked too.

Last edited by rusthater89; 01-23-2013 at 02:26 PM.