Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I Need Some Direction ! Can't Clear!
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 05:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I Need Some Direction ! Can't Clear!

I am having a hell of a time trying to get my clear coats to lay flat. I dont know what I'm doing wrong, but I don't have any issues with the base colors, or even single stage, just the clear coats. I've read numerous posts on a bunch of sites, some saying to open your gun all the way up and go as quick as possible, to applying a tacky coat first, then putting the clear down a little wetter as you go. All to no avail. I've got a Sharp Compliant Titanium with a 1.4 and 1.3 tips, as well as the Vaper Hvlp Gun kit that is for sale about everywhere. I've tried smaller tips, larger tips, and I still am having issues. Can someone please guide me in the correct direction with my gun setup, so I can try to get this right. When I spray, I can just about tell immediately, that it's not correct. If you needed an orange peel texture on something, I'm the master! What am I doing wrong here? I really don't have the cash to lay out for a $600 dollar gun either.