Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I Need Some Direction ! Can't Clear!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 02:29 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I use the same sharpe T1 titanium gun with 1.4 just for my clears. It lays clear down really nice. Yea i turn psi up between 40 and 50 myself also. All clears act different even the same clear with different hardners. I sprayed alot of cumberland clear and used slow hardnef year round. I also reduced it 20% more than the label said to. It was raelly thick if not reduced this much. Some of your 4:1 clears flow really nice now days without addiing any reducer. I recommend Finish 1 that most napa or carquest stores stock . Also transtar Kwick Gloss does well. These both look slick even on the first coat. I will put 2 to 3 wet coats of finish 1 on rarely have tk buff. If you are doing restorations i would step up in quality to a more high solids clear but for collision work and non show cars i highly recommend finish 1. If the first tack coat is really rough then it is going to be hard to get the 2nd or 3rd coat to flow out enough to get it looking slick. I know thats when i make sags and runs the most when im trying to make my last coat flow out enough because my first coat or 2 was too dry. Sorry for the long post but i hope it helps