Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I need some help with my 350 Chevy engine...
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 07:59 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks carsavvycook......

Interesting comment you make about the torque converter. I bolt it to the ring gear and it is tight against it.
Then the motor mount holes line up and the transmission mount lines up, so I cannot see how I could have the torque converter not seated all the way. And I am sure the transmission lines are crimp free and have no blockage. I tape off the lines with a baggie and a rubber band all the time the truck sits awaiting the engine. But I will double check that. Thanks.
As I said, I have yet to pull the crank out, so I expect to see things not doing well there either. The excessive end play of the crank cannot be doing good things to all of those parts hanging on to the crank.
The knock was certainly coming from #5. The inserts are almost totally eaten away. Any idea what could have caused this?
So far, no sign of heat, blueing or anything like that at all. The crank rotates freely with no rods on it, but I suppose that means nothing........pg