Hot Rod Forum banner

I need some oppinions

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  BigBlockBabe 
#1 ·
:confused:
At school in my carees class my teacher gave everyone a fake $50,000!
For pretend we need to buy a car, a house, clothes, and food....and all i have to spend is $50,000 to spend. i thought bout just spending the magority of my pretend money on a sports car and rent a small effetioncy Apt. and only spend $1,000 on clothes. And buy cheep food.
Is that a good idea?
And can anyone help me find a nice sports car?(it doesnt have to be a newer modle...but it has to be under $50,000)
And does anyone have an oppinion?
:confused:

#6 ·
buy a pinto, put on a tow hitch, get a trailor house and you will still have $48000 to spend on clothes and make up and food etc.

#8 ·
Goddess if your serious. (and not a trolless) Your looking at it from the wrong point of view. Don't buy a sports car. I think your teacher is trying to teach you how to use money wisely. Buy a cheap used Japanese car that gets high gas mileage. I don't know what area your from so I don't know how expensive housing is in your state. You could buy a small starter home or put a down payment on one. Shop for clothes a garage sales or goodwill. You save big bucks that way. Don't scrimp on bad food. Good decent food keeps you bady going strong, it's the body that needs to work and get you through life. Take car of it. Invest a little of your money in some blue chip stocks for the future. Then your on your way to a good grade. If your a trolless then I 'vce waisted my time helping you.

#12 ·
Buy a cheap dependable car. The key words are cheap & dependable. This will get you to and from work. Buy reasonably priced clothes but dress well. Shop for bargains, and check out garage sales in wealthier neighborhoods. This will get you better clothes for very little money. This will get you a better job if you dress the part. Invest money into a small house that is a fixer upper but not to the point you cannot do the work. (paint, wallpaper, landscaping, etc.) This way you can build up equity in the house and make a profit on down the line and you can work your way up into a better home, better car, better job. Put the money where you can get the most back out of it. Buying an expensive sports car will be money down the drain. Also invest in a spell checker because at going on 17 years old if you can't spell any better than that on your resume someone will beat you out on the job altogether.

in my carees class
spending the magority
a small effetioncy Apt
buy cheep food
be a newer modle
anyone have an oppinion
By the way I am not making fun of anyone but when I was in school spelling was always kind of high on the list of priorities. Although some people have problems spelling others have a heck of a time deciphering what is typed by bad spellers. Not only that but the Spell Check button is only two to the right of the Submit Reply button so there is really no excuse. Just a small tip.

Kevin

#13 ·
Not only that but the Spell Check button is only two to the right of the Submit Reply button so there is really no excuse. Just a small tip.
I was thinking the same.I have a friend that spells like that and he is a design engineer.He can figure out crap that confuses the majority of people but has velcro shoes because he don't tie shoe laces too good.She may be a genius!

#14 ·
:mwink: howziit GODDESS!

be my girlfriend. you can live with me free, i'll pay for everything. put yer $50K wherever my financial advisor-friend says to.

FWIW, you'll have the most $$ than your classmates, at the end of your project.:thumbup:

seriously, surf the 'net for FINANCIAL PLANNING forums. tell them your situation. you'll get an ALMOST foolproof PROFESSIONAL financial plan...and win your school contest.

interesting contest. JMO,all of you will learn SOMETHING out of this "life's learned lessons", that billions of people have experienced from time imemorial.

#15 ·
Hey young one,

You can get a good "sports car" used for about $5,000. I know you like Hondas...just don't get stupid and put all kinds of useless junk on it to compete with your boy buddies closer to downtown. You'd also like a nice used Mustang GT convertible if you like Hondas. Buy it from down South or out West, and not in Pittsburgh. The body will last longer.

You can buy a house in a fair neighborhood up that way, maybe on hill for about $60,000. So you put $20,000 down on it and get a loan for the remaining $40K. So you have about $25,000 left.

Go to eBay for your wardrobe and spend about $2,000, and you'll get all the latest styles for about half the price...and the stuff is NEW. You will have a wardrobe your friends will envy and it will last you at least 2-3 years if you don't get pregnant (BTW DONT GET PREGNANT!)

You can fully furnish your home for about $3,500 if you look for deals on some used things such as big appliances. Hit up your family, FROM EVERYWHERE, to see if they are getting rid of any home furnishings. Then set aside about $2,500 for home design things such as artwork, prints, accent lamps, a fish aquarium, a ggod sound system, and anything else that pleases a "woman's" eye. Oh...don't forget about a good computer for about $1,000.

Set aside about $6,000 for GOOD FOOD for a year. That's a little better than $100 a week that you can get super stuff in an organic food store. If you eat more than $100 a week, you are eating too much or eating out too much.

You'll have $10,000 to bank. Invest $2,000 in three mutual funds: S&P 500 Stock index, Lehman Brother's Bond index, and a Government securities fund (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, T-bills). Put the remaining $4,000 in your savings or checking, get a job, and enjoy life!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.