Hot Rod Forum banner

I Quit!!!

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Centerline 
#1 ·
.....working on the truck that is. It's as done as it's going to get for the next year at least. I still have the body work to do on the bed and rear fenders as well as finish the headliner and door panels but it's running and can be road worthy by just installing the tail lights. Next Thursday the 53, my Son's Monti, and my future daughter-in-law's pickup all get loaded on trailers and along with two Penske rental trucks and my wife's hemi Ram we're off to Arizona. I'll get back to work finishing the 53 as soon as the new house is finished, around April of 06. It's gonna be a long dry spell. :(

Centerline

See less See more
#6 ·
Jerry Kelley said:
I don`t mean to s..t in your cereal,We moved from Illinois to Phx in 78 returned to Il. in 87,Met some nice people there, Phx was getting full of crime and traffic was awful. Hope you have a better experience. :thumbup: JK
Lived in Phoenix in the mid '70s. It was a nice place then but it's too populated now. We're going to Show Low up in the White Mountains. 6300 ft elevation almost all National Forest land and the elks out number the people about two to one..... my kind of place.

crazy larry said:
you'll never make til '06 without rodding. i guarantee it. you'll do something. you hide and watch.
I'll keep up to date on everything but I'm going to be too busy building the house to mess with the truck very much. 3200 sq. ft. house, 2400 sq. ft. garage and shop and about 1000 sq. ft. of porches. That's at least a year's worth of work.

Centerline

#8 ·
I wouldn't be the least bit ashamed to drive that little red truck anywhere just the way she sits. It's kind of refreshing to see an early '50's GM half-ton that's actually under construction. Patience and dilligence are both virtues. Sometimes it takes both of them to wring out all the fun to be had in this hotrod business.

Good luck up yonder :D

#12 ·
what's that old Chevy got in it? An old Hemi, sbc, bbc,...

It looks pretty cool as is; I know where a few heavier-duty trucks like that are in a junkyard not too far form my house... too bad I can't afford to save them. :(

Save the (old American) automobiles! :D

... the children, huh? :rolleyes: ummm... what if our automobiles are our "children"! :mwink: I guess 70 cents a day wont take too much from my iron child, so the little kids in whatdoyacallitsomefarfarawayplace can have dinner tonight. :)

#13 ·
ChevelleSS_LS6 said:
what's that old Chevy got in it? An old Hemi, sbc, bbc,...
Does this answer your question? ;)

Centerline

#14 ·
Have a safe cross country move, Bill. We did the same thing from Utah in 93. It is great to travel across this wonderful country when you are not on a real tight schedule. The wife wanted to fly, but she had to drive her car. She took the middle of our two truck with trailer convoy. We each had a CB to keep rafted up and she really had fun. She had my bud and I and all the truckers in earshot in stitches with her new found toy. Fortunately, we had storage spaces lined up for all the toys and household goods when we arrived so every thing was put away quickly before starting on the house.

By the way, building the garage first really makes sence and that is what we are going to do when we build the next one!! Looks like I may have the old Bronco Half Cab done by the time you get your Hemi'let finished.

Trees

#15 ·
Centerline said:
Does this answer your question? ;)

Centerline
hehehe, a 426 Hemi :drool: in a 53 Chevy... very unique combination, very cool. :thumbup:

All I have is a runs-like-crap original 360 4bbl in my unfunded :( 74 Javelin project car :) , and a 3400 in my Grand Am (daily driver), 2 cylinders AWOL and the engine is sideways. :rolleyes:

#16 ·
trees said:
By the way, building the garage first really makes sence and that is what we are going to do when we build the next one!! Looks like I may have the old Bronco Half Cab done by the time you get your Hemi'let finished.

Trees
My best friend's girlfriend's family basically gutted and re-did their old farmhouse a couple years ago, and they lived in the garage for 2 years.

sounds like fun ;)

#17 ·
ChevelleSS_LS6 said:
hehehe, a 426 Hemi :drool: in a 53 Chevy... very unique combination, very cool. :thumbup:
Actually it's a '54 331 Chrysler hemi bored .060. Modified with a SBC water pump, 340 electronic ignition and 426 hemi spark plug seals. Cranks out around 300 ponies which is plenty to motivate that little truck.

Centerline

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.