i really did it this time. real bad day in shleprock - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2004, 11:25 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

i really did it this time. real bad day in shleprock

straight to the point DUI. sat.nite. take some night blindness, mix in a 6 foot unmarked ditch next to a parking lot, and in goes my truck, smashing in the right side bumper into the fender. broke all the motor mounts, now the harmonic balancer is on top of the frame crossmember so it wont run.
some a-hole called 911 and next thing the cops are dragging me out of a bar. i shouldnt have been driving anyway but i wasn't even on the highway (doesnt matter in washington) and i wasn't even in or near my truck at all when the cops showed up. getting the best lawyer in town and will no doubt beat it but he has a $2500 fee with half down payments on the rest. i blew .125.

then monday, my wife gets laid off from her $15/hr dream job. same story as the last 2 jobs... too slow. well, at least they quit publishing arrests in the newpaper here. i could get fired for it if it gets out.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2004, 12:14 PM

Last photo:

Get yourself a blender. Making your own drinks is much easier on the wallet and the criminal record. Sorry to hear of the misofrtune.

Larry
Old 10-19-2004, 12:33 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last photo:

hey larry, i ought to have "village idiot" hung around my neck. $270 just for the tow. now i also have: a grand am with a fuel pump that just quit and a full tank of gas (it's in the tank), a cadillac that wont charge although the alternator puts out 14 volts and it has a new regulator (also has 14 volts in and out), but only 12 across the battery (or less), a smashed truck, and my tow truck that doesnt run either. ps i am NOT looking for sympathy, i know i dont deserve it for trying to drive drunk
i have to pop for $360 for my flood ins before my mort.co gets their own at three times as much, i skipped my first six months property taxes and wont be able to pay this time either, i have about $1000 worth of glass and extra body work to do to the camaro whenever in the hell it ever gets done (3 motnhs now) and my step idiot child living with me still isnt working and asks us how come she has to get a job and pay rent. (she's 18)
Old 10-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

You know what "Frank" used to say..........................."THAT'S LIFE"

Probably time for a life and attitude change............................IMO

Budget RVs
Old 10-19-2004, 01:28 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

I know they say suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, but in your case, well...

That's bad luck, was it your first DUI?
Old 10-19-2004, 01:30 PM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Old 10-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I'm glad posting has been constructive thus far.. Save your digs on bull, he's a grown man and he knows what he did wrong. There's probably been a time in each of our lives when we have driven and it has been questionable whether we shoudl have or not. .125 is not far over the legal limit, so he probably though he was ok.

We could ALL probably learn something from bull's experience. Reminders aren't ever a bad thing. I seriously doubt anybody on this site is perfect enough to provide a lecture. Everybody wants to be a teacher, nobody wants to sit back, think and be introspective.

Thanks for the wake-up call bull, your experience wasn't in vain, and it could have been worse! Glad you're ok, thats what matters-

K
Old 10-19-2004, 01:35 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

You can blow a .125 after only a few beers, thats not drunk, but it's legally drunk.

Just bad luck.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Crazy Canadian, woohooooo!

Last photo:

At least you take responsibility for your own actions. It would be nice to see more of that on this planet. Glad your OK.

Marc
Old 10-19-2004, 02:44 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

thats a bummer Bull. two words, deferred adjudication. check it out. don't know if it'll fly on a dui though.

you had a better two words, good lawyer.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!

Last photo:

You wern't in the truck when they got ya huh?
Uhh judge somebody stole my truck while I was in the bar drinking...I think it was the guy who called the cops.......

ok ok seriously Sorry bout your dui man. I got one year and a half ago driving legal limit. Cop got me because my car matched description of a house burglar, found out I wasnt the guy he needed, then said I smelled like beer. Took me in to do Bac tests. Blew a .007 1st time 2nd time .011, refused me a 3rd blow, i told him his machine isnt calibrated right if its got more than .003 gap between blows. Oh well, I took it like a man when he said no..

Community service is fun, the guys in the jail have a good sence of humor and no you wont get butt raped dont even worry about that hahaha.
Its not that bad only thing that gets ya is the fine. Think i payed 1500 for 1st offence and then couple hundred to the dui death fund. Lost my lisence for a year. And have probation for 3 years. (still paying my fine after a year and a half )
Did 8 weekends of hard labor hoeing weeds in the middle of summer, hot *** sun blazing down no shade for miles out in the visalia farm land country (dingers territory lol)
I mouthed off to one of the smart *** cops and they put me in solitary confinement. Dont mouth off to the cops thats the only bad experience I had the whole time.

Don't let it get ya down or whatever, schlit happens to the best of us at one point or another..

Have a Good one
Abe
Old 10-19-2004, 09:30 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last photo:

thanks to all. helps alot. a friend called out of the blue the next day to tell me how life is great since he quit shooting up. he has been given 13 DUI's! i think i will quit the drinking and driving. this was my second one. i got one right after i turned 21 leaving a rippin X-mas kegger. that was a real mess: ran from the cops, rolled my car four times. this time i told them my truck slipped out of gear and rolled in. when i went back today the berm in front of the ditch was like a foot high, all the ground around was flat. no wonder the cop didn't believe me. but they never asked for registration or poi, and i didnt have my license on me either and they didnt ticket me for that. i was always polite. they gave me and my wife and nephew (who were both with me) all rides home afterwards. yeah, never mouth off to cops. took me several years to figure that one out. went to jail every single time i got pulled over for anything cause i was stupid. always kiss as much butt as possible, it's amazing what it does to cops. like opening a box of doughnuts. just fyi, back in 1976, for d.u.i, 110 in a 55, attempt to flee, resisting arrest, i got fined a grand total of $500! those were the days. i always let my wife drive at night cause i cant see. drove my pontiac over a curb i never saw leaving a car wash at night right after i bought my wheels and dented one in pretty good. but she was drunk as hell sat night. we were with a "friend" ( f'ing crack) who we asked to drive us home right after and leave the truck there. she refused. so i stayed in the bar like a moron. next time i see her i might get arrested for murder. hey peace out. send me money even better. i'm at 618 west hazel st. mount vernon
ps. currently in search of right front fender for 55-57 chevy p.u., prefer 55-56.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Grumpy

Last photo:

Hey genius, why were you driving that drunk, no excuse for you.

BUT! Did you wreck in a parking lot? If so I do believe that is private property and the owner has to press charges. Ask your lawyer about that before pleeding guilty to anything.

Even if you cant get away with that, fishing out 2,500 would be worth it, you never want a DUI on your record NEVER.

Dont drive drunk, sure I drive home with 2 or 3 beers in me and at my body wieght that would put me in the DUI catagory here(hell, 1/2 a beer would the laws suck so badly), but with two or three beers or shots I can drive just fine and have never drawed any attention.

EDIT: Just read that last reply, you already have a DUI? REALLY you want that lawyer!
Old 10-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Get out the ducktape...

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: Front brakes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Sorry, I hate to hear that man. Going through something similar myself and as you know it sucks. Good luck and Id send you some cash but Im strapped for it as well. Saving up for my court date. So goes life I reckon.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 PM
OddJob

Last photo:

A guy in my town got away with something like that. He drove through the front of a postoffice. He told the cops he was so shook up that he just had to run into the bar next door ans have a "shooter" or two to calm his nerves.
When asked why he didn't call the cops himself he said that he was going to as sson as he calmed down.

The defence is now named after him.

If you had called a tow truck before the cops got there then had a couple in the bar they couldn't have done a thing. Maybe gave you a ticket for "failure to controle" since that one is obvious. They can't tell if you were drunk before the wreck or if you got drunk after the wreck.

But i'm no lawyer. Gust passing on what happened here.
Sounds like your taking the whole thing as good a possible. No use getting upset over it now. Hope things go well for you.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.