I repaid my whistle Karma... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2004, 03:59 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

I repaid my whistle Karma...

Hey guys, figured you'd get a kick out of this coming from me. Anyway, I went to Chicago this weekend for an interview (what a load of crap that job is, but anyway...) so I stopped in Kalamazoo to see my brother, stopped in Battle Creek to meet a friend at a bar right before close and say hi. Went back to my mom's place in Battle Creek to say hi to her (it was like 2am at this point but she was up and called be because both of my grandparents died last year within 10 days of eachother and this is exactly 1 year). We talked for an hour, I put her to bed and couldn't sleep myself so I decided to drive back to Ann Arbor at about 4am (about an hour drive). I'm pretty good at late night driving, its just always been that way. You guys will notice by most of my posts that I'm up that late anyway most of the time .

So I get within a mile of Ann Arbor and I see a couple of headlights poking out of the side ditch on the left side of the road. It was about 5am (actually just an hour ago or so) and there was about one car every five minutes going by, so I figured it was ok to help. I hauled the Jeep down and stopped it, shut down the lights, turned around in the ditch and threw it in 4wd and proceeded to crawl through the mud to find a new grand am and two arab guys stuck. The car was up to its bumper in mud and was a good six feet down from the road into the ditch. They said a cop had come but all he did was ask if they had been drinking, give them the drunk test and left. I offered to pull them out and they accepted. We looked for a sturdy tow area on his car and found that the wishbone motor mount in the front looked pretty sturdy so we used that and my hitch. I tossed the 'ol jeep in 4 low and began to pull... nothing. I backed it up, put the front two tires on some asphalt and started again in 4low. Yanked it out like there was nothing behind me! Awesome eh? So they get done thanking me and stuff and I say "wait man, we have to check your car out, lets get this thing off the road and to the gas station to make sure its safe to drive. Well the moved it about two feet and I noticed the front driver's tire was flat. Great. So I got my can of fix a flat which promptly failed on me on the side of the road (btw I will NEVER buy that product again). Again, great. I asked them if they knew how to change a tire. No. So I went to work on that and tossed their spare tire on for them. They thanked me, got my number and asked if I like Arabic food. I said yes. They said, great, come over for dinner tomorrow, we'll call you. Cool, food is good.

Am I cool with my Karma now?

K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2004, 06:25 AM
Tazz

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Way Cool Killer!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 02-22-2004, 06:37 AM

Last photo:

HA, those two guys are probably Osama's guys. Was that suitcase in their backseat kinda glowing?
Old 02-22-2004, 12:05 PM

Last photo:

Good to hear what went around, came back around.

Changing tires at SAM'S I can tell you at least 3 reasons why you shouldn't use Fix-A-Snot.

1. It starts out gooey to fill the hole, but as you drive you build up enough heat in 5 minutes time to turn it back to a liquid state that will just squirt out the puncture along with all of your air.

2. If you have chrome-plated rims that are plated on the inside of the bead, you better not have any scratches on them. Fix-A-Flat's chemicals like to flake off chrome destroying any chance of an airtight bead seal.

3. Whoever changes your tire, will want to beat your face in for making him go through the trouble of trying to contain the smelly mess inside your destroyed tire when he takes it off.

MoocH
Old 02-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I agree with you totally mooch, I used to change tires at Discount tire here in michigan. There are a couple of reasons I still keep it around though. First, it can be cleaned out if the tire is repairable. Its a pain, but it can be done (I usually just hose it out and dip it in the leak-checker tank). Second, its pretty unsafe to try to change a tire on the side of the road. If you can get enough pressure back into the tire with fix a junk then you can limp it to a gas station which is much safer. That's what I had in mind.

K
Old 02-22-2004, 06:18 PM
you talkin to me?

i can come up with more anti fix a flat complaints
1. i wouldnt want to plug a tire with fix a flat in it(ouch)
2. if you drive a car with fix a flat in the tire it's way out of balance
that stuff is pure crap
Old 02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I dunno I've plugged tires that had fix a flat. You just have to grind and scrape them like any other tire. Like I said, its definately not a perminant or even semi-perminant fix. But if it can get you to a gas station rather than trying to change your tire on the side of the highway with 70mph cars wizzing by, its worth it to me!

K
Old 02-23-2004, 11:37 AM

Last photo:

I went grocery shopping with my brother yesterday and noticed he had a can of it in his trunk. It was so old, the seam on the can started rusting, so I did him a favor and threw it away for him. He was mad and yelled at me halfway home until I reminded him of the hassle they cause. When we got home, he threw his bike pump in the trunk

Anyway, reguardless of what you used to help out, the main thing is, you helped out some folks in need. THAT is awesome.

By the way, how was the food?

MoocH
Old 02-23-2004, 03:48 PM

Last journal entry: 2 years later
Last photo:

well, this is bad times to be an unknown arab in the u.s.of a.
poor buggers probably thought they were gonna get lynched.
good go, my hats off to you.mike
Old 02-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Their food was killer man. I like that about this area of the state. I have about 20 different cultures' worth of food within 20 miles. Ann Arbor michigan has the largest number of restaurants per capita in the united states.

I'm fat.

K
Old 02-23-2004, 10:35 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

ain't it something....

i've never stopped to help out someone with a flat that 'knew how to change tires'....

kinda like i always go hunting with someone who's ''never field dressed a deer''...

two thumbs up Killer.

entertain angels unbeknownst to you.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.