Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I think I broke my toe!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

I think I broke my toe!

I went into the old house on the other farm to look at some doors I had stored in it years ago. I got two steps into the house and the floor collapsed under my left foot and I went down up to my hip. I had my left leg dangling in the basement and my right leg on the ground floor. I sat there for a while worried that I had just broken my new right hip but I didn't feel any pain in that location but my right big toe did kind of hurt. I just kept remembering the Dr,s instructions that I couldn't fall and doing so could produce disastrous results. My uncle got knocked down by a dog and broke one of his new hips nad had to have it redone so I am very wary of doing this. I here it is a lot worse the second time around and it was bad enough the first time! I managed to hoist myself out of the hole which wasn't any fun at all but I did manage to do it without calling 911 to rescue me. I crawled the short distance to the door fearing further floor collapses and managed to right myself once I was outside. I found that standing and walking produced quite a bit of pain in my right big toe. I sat down, called my wife and told her that I thought I had broken my toe. She asked me if I wanted to go to the Dr and I told her that I didn't. I think that I'll just wait and see how it is in the morning. It's all swelled up and nasty looking now.