I think I was here in the other life - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2006, 11:27 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I think I was here in the other life

I was here as Bill Parten for several years, had a big project journal, felt like I got to know a few people, I even got my own avator, then one day I was reincarnated into GRANPA,, actually I am a granpa but only my real grandkids call me that, not everyone in the whole world, don't quite know what happened, but it did, I think it was because I forgot my password and ask for some help, o--well,, I guess now I can start a whole new journal, with a different project, and a new life,, can I change my fingerprints and DNA too??? GRANPA???? Hummmmm.......don't quite know bout that one,,

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANPA
I was here as Bill Parten for several years, had a big project journal, felt like I got to know a few people, I even got my own avator, then one day I was reincarnated into GRANPA,, actually I am a granpa but only my real grandkids call me that, not everyone in the whole world, don't quite know what happened, but it did, I think it was because I forgot my password and ask for some help, o--well,, I guess now I can start a whole new journal, with a different project, and a new life,, can I change my fingerprints and DNA too??? GRANPA???? Hummmmm.......don't quite know bout that one,,

LOL.
Ain't Alhiemers great?
You meet new friends everyday.
You can hide your own Easter eggs.
Best of all, you get to sleep with a different woman every night.

PS
I'm a "Grampa" too.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Bill,

It looks like your email address was switched to "bbtinkertoys@html.com", which I know is very similar to your original email address. And 'GRANPA' was registered with your previous email address.

So, when you requested a password, it sent it to the email address that was incorrectly associated with the username 'GRANPA'.

Not sure how this happened?? Perhaps you had changed your email address? Or someone else was logged into a public computer that you had not logged out of? Passwords are heavily secured with one-way encryption, so that even administrators can't access them.

Anyway, I've fixed your email address.

Log out of the board, and use the "Forgot Password" link to reset your password for the "Bill Parten" username. Then, you should get password details sent to your proper email address.

I've also sent this information by email.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:06 PM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I been resurected

I been rised from the dead, thanks to the fanstic knowledge that Jon has, I was just getting use to granpa, LOL Thanks Jon, that was most likely one of MY many screwups,, happens every day,
Old 01-29-2006, 12:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GMC
LOL.

Best of all, you get to sleep with a different woman every night.

PS
I'm a "Grampa" too.
HOW DO I GET TO THAT PLACE????
Old 01-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Dang! Bill......You have been working way too hard! Sit down and relax and drink a cup of coffee will ya? Lmao I am glad that its not just me!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:40 PM

Last photo:

Hi Ya Henry,, shore thought I was a goner there for a little bit, been kinda slow over at Roys I see, I check in every day, just to make sure you guys wake up every morning, Take Care ,,,, Bill
Old 01-29-2006, 12:46 PM

Last photo:

Hey 66, you have to watch what you joke about. I made the mistake of joking about a certain disease you mentioned not thinking, and upset a well respected member of this board who's family was affected by it. But after being alerted, I quickly changed. I understood where he was coming from, just as I wouldn't take any jokes about breast cancer too well, as it has had a big affect on my family and relatives.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:01 PM

Last photo:

Kenseth,, I certainly understand where you are coming from,, My mom and brother both passed away with Alsimers, now my sister has it and I' am working real hard not to be affected by it myself, which I am sure I will be someday,,, since it is supposedly heredity, But I DO NOT get offended when someone jokes about it, possibly because I often joke about things that I shouldn't joke about myself, and have been chastised for it,, but I feel that life is way too short to be touchy about these things,, because I know that they are not meant to offend anyone,[ USUALLY] but sometimes joking can cause bad feelings, Bill
Old 01-29-2006, 01:52 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Parten
Kenseth,, I certainly understand where you are coming from,, My mom and brother both passed away with Alsimers, now my sister has it and I' am working real hard not to be affected by it myself, which I am sure I will be someday,,, since it is supposedly heredity, But I DO NOT get offended when someone jokes about it, possibly because I often joke about things that I shouldn't joke about myself, and have been chastised for it,, but I feel that life is way too short to be touchy about these things,, because I know that they are not meant to offend anyone,[ USUALLY] but sometimes joking can cause bad feelings, Bill
Yes there's a difference between joking & making fun of (the insensitive type)
Hey granpa your sure your not schizophrenic?

Too Funny

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 01-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

GRAMPA or not....you are still our favourite "OLD FART" Bill....................

Budget RVs
Old 01-29-2006, 09:34 PM

Last photo:

[QUOTE=poncho .you are still our favourite "OLD FART" Bill.................... [/QUOTE]
Boy howdy,, Thats my favorite thing,, getting my wife trapped in the car and letting her have it,,, no where to run and no where to hide,,
Old 01-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenseth17
Hey 66, you have to watch what you joke about. I made the mistake of joking about a certain disease you mentioned not thinking, and upset a well respected member of this board who's family was affected by it. But after being alerted, I quickly changed. I understood where he was coming from, just as I wouldn't take any jokes about breast cancer too well, as it has had a big affect on my family and relatives.
Yeah, I know I should "watch what I say" in this all-too-politically-correct world that we now live in. ... but it WAS intended as humor.

Humor that I can relate to ... I have a horrible memory for people's names, events, what I did yesterday, etc.

But ask me for a telephone number, a part number, or the year make, and model of every car I've ever had ...

If it makes you feel better, my Father-in-law (heck of a nice guy) DOES have Alzheimer's ... and I know how debilitating that has been for him, not to mention the rest of the family.

I also have a grandson with Down Syndrome, but that doesn't stop me from (jokingly) calling someone a "retard".

I joke around with the gals at the office and we exchange several comments that contain "sexual innuendo". (I'm happily married BTW) I guess I should watch that too, or I may be looking for an expensive new suit ... a "sexual harassment suit".

I'm never MEAN in my intentions, and try not to make jokes at the expense of others. Most of my sarcastic sense of humor is self-directed.

So in other words ... I try not to take life TOO seriously, and let folks decide for themselves if they like me or not ... at face value. I'd much rather be MYSELF and be hated, that to be some pretentious yuppy that tells you what you want to here.

Sorry, I grew up in the 70's ... and don't know any "better".
Old 01-29-2006, 11:36 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GMC
So in other words ... I try not to take life TOO seriously, and let folks decide for themselves if they like me or not ... at face value. I'd much rather be MYSELF and be hated, that to be some pretentious yuppy that tells you what you want to here.

Sorry, I grew up in the 70's ... and don't know any "better".

Thats about the way I see it too, I make jokes about some things ,,a nd as soon as I say it I.m thinking ,,,,, why in the hell did I say that??
Old 01-30-2006, 07:05 AM

Last photo:

I know that a lot of people say some things they probably shouldn't in an attempt at humor that someone else may not take so well. I had no problem with it 66, I was only pointing out that I mentioned alzheimers in a joking way and someone was a bit offended by it. Its cool that you guys can take it as a joke and not let it concern you so much, specially you bill, grampa, whatever the heck your name is these days, with the way it has had such a close effect on you. I pray that you never go through it yourself.
My short time memory isn't spectacular, have trouble remembering how some things go that were only taken apart a few days before, but I can remember a lot of little things from many years ago.
Ohh and I think the cartoon south park as funny as heck, in which they make fun of Timmay, the kid with CP, cartman who they always call a fat a##, and Kenny who's family is poor.

Last edited by kenseth17; 01-30-2006 at 07:10 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.