I think i might need a new carb,anyone here have any good 4bbl that will fit my car? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2002, 10:33 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post I think i might need a new carb,anyone here have any good 4bbl that will fit my car?

My car is 1984 Z28 (with a 350c.i. and TH350 tranny) Not in the car yet, im 17 and i dont have alot of money, id perfer to have on working and not have to send it to be rebuilt, let me know thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2002, 11:01 AM

hey there i have a brand new edelbrock 600cfm carb that im tryin to sell i bought one and it was messed up so since they wouldnt give me back my money they exchanged it for a new one but i decided to go with a holley instead so i have not even put this new carb. on my truck i will take $250 for it if you are interested let me know maybe we can work somethin out on it
Old 12-08-2002, 11:10 AM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:

[quote]i will take $250 for it <hr></blockquote>
A brand new Edelbrock 600cfm with electric choke is only $245.00 with free shipping through <a href="http://www.summitracing.com" target="_blank">www.summitracing.com</a> . Don't know how much you paid for yours.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:44 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

I think he forgot to add he`s running the stock intake as he said on the other post. the stock intake will only accept a Quadrajet. unless you get a adapter plate, if you decide to run a adapter plate and another carb, make sure you get one with 4 holes and not a open adapter.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:00 AM

well guys it looks like i got screwed on my deal then cause i gave almost $300 for mine at o rielly auto parts well thats the way it goes sometimes well anyway good luck to you
Old 12-09-2002, 03:21 PM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:

That really sucks guy. You can really take a beating at some of these auto parts stores. I find a lot of times stuff is cheaper if you shop online but you have to wait for your part. It's a trade-off.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:45 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

you can find old holleys anywhere, even rocks if you look hard enough, make sure theres no play in the throttle shaft. rebuild kits are @25 bucks.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:59 PM

Go to your favorite "Pick-A-Part" place and look around. It is amazing how many repairs folks have done and how much money they spend on their old clunks before the terrible truth the engine's junk gets through. By then they've spent all they have so the car goes away. You take some time and hit the yard regularly and a carb will show up. Low mile one too............ and distributors and wires and caps. Lotsa cool stuff it's good to have as a spare.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:41 PM
Grumpy

Last photo:

any carb that will put out 700 CFM or better. Old trick, engine ci x2 = CFM for carb 350 x 2= 700, out of some how to build horsepower book. and wasnt the 84 Z28's TPI, not carburated? or is that just the iroc-z?
Old 12-10-2002, 12:31 AM
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed

Last photo:

I would hit swap meets or look on the net for a rebuildable holley for cheap.Then buy a rebuild kit for $25.Holleys are so easy its not funny.Basically its replace a few gaskets,check a couple clearances,set the floats,done.
The first carb I ever tried to rebuild was a Q-jet it found its way into the trash in about 2hrs.Then I got an old holley and almost died when I seen how easy it was.
Like DV said you'll need an adapter plate.There like $20bucks or so.

[ December 10, 2002: Message edited by: 78 monte ]</p>
Old 12-10-2002, 02:55 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

Cool

Rubberman, get a rebuild kit. Follow the instructions or get a carb rebuild book for security. And check prices at Summit or Jegs or Speeds catalog. $300 for a 600 Edelbrock isn't right at all. I would not deal with them agin if I could help it. I have a local Speed shop I don't shop at anymore, they sc***** me on gas tank fitting for my aftermarket tank.

Todd
Old 12-11-2002, 05:27 PM

I just pulled carb and cam out of my 350 in a 1965 chevelle put in a larger cam and carb .not sure of spec. on cam could not find a number on cam.a mild street cam. carb is a 600 holley worked fine but needed the 670 holley .will sale both for 250.00 you pay for shipping. e-mail me

[ December 11, 2002: Message edited by: jhulon ]</p>
Old 12-12-2002, 04:36 AM

Last photo:

Talking

Got a Holley 650 cfm, vacuum secondaries. As previous posts stated.. you would meed an adaptor and personally I would put in a Holley kit. Sells for $75.00 + shipping.Email if interested.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:14 AM

i have 2 carbs and intakes i need to sell and there both rocs. theres a 2 barrel and a 4 barrel both on intake manifolds will sell the 4 with intake for 100.00 and the 2 barrel with intake for 75.00. the 2 barrel has been rebuilt and never run and the 4 has been rebuilt and has around 5000 miles on it both are in great shape and intakes have fresh orange paint.emal me a www.biggdaddy666999@yahoo.com if interested. in in south carolina by the way

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.