I want a dodge diesal with banks power system - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 09:17 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I want a dodge diesal with banks power system

i was looking up at banks power and you can get 500 hp and 1000 tq thats bad *****. the other night late friday i was driving around in my 68 camaro with a big block, pretty built up, i was crusing doing about 30 mph in a 4 lane road and this dodge dully pulls next to me, so he hits the gas,i dont do any thing, there he goes flying , i let him have his fun for the moment, so i catch up, there he hits it again, so i hit it too i was pulling away little by little but he was staying with me, i was very impress with that truck. i just feel like selling my camaro and buying a diesal with twin turbo , i cant wait, what do you think about the new dodge's??

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2006, 09:29 PM
1976 Ranchero GT

Last journal entry: Almost time for the first drive!
Last photo:

I am a fan of the duramax. Those will pull a house off its foundation and smoke the ricers while pulling the house behind just stock. I can only imagine what they would do with some tuning. Chevy baby!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:19 AM

Last photo:

chevy do make some power, but there internals are not as strong as the cummins, dodge, so there for you can run more boost making more power. but i cant wait to get one, i am 17 right now , currently in a mti tech school for automotive, do diesal macanics make more money?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

You have to keep this in mind.

The money he spent to go that fast and the money you spent to go that fast are a big difference. Have you priced out a diesel truck lately? Then do the upgrades to go fast= A lot of $$$$

I still think that a truck (other than the Ranger and S-10) is made for work and a car is made for speed/performance. Don't get me wrong, these trucks are very fast.

Steve
Old 08-18-2006, 05:07 PM

Last photo:

It doesn't take huge money to turn up one of these diesels. A good example is my brothers 97 Dodge reg-cab 4x4 Cummins. Its a 5-speed and has a mechanical fuel pump (no chips or computers for this baby!) he paid $13,000 for the truck and dumped just over $5000 worth of parts into it. He put in a dual disk steel clutch that can handle 600+hp. He put in injectors and did a bunch of injection pump mods and put on a large custom turbo. To say the least....his truck hauls *****!!!! its got so much power its crazy and just pulled off 3 mid 13's this past weekend at the track!

To give you an idea of the power...before he put his traction bars on he could spin the tires shifting into 5th @ 75mph!!

so for less than 20K he has a truck that could pretty well outrun any stock vehical on the road! I would say its worth it!

Ryan
Old 08-18-2006, 05:20 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 steve
....I still think that a truck (other than the Ranger and S-10) is made for work and a car is made for speed/performance. Don't get me wrong, these trucks are very fast.

Steve

Fast yes, but I agree 1000 fold about what a truck belongs doing. Working. That's it. Pulling hefty loaded car trailers, boats, moving buddies' stuff. I can't stand even looking at the price tag on a new truck anymore. Way too many options for a utility vehicle. A real truck doesn't need leather seats or GPS. It needs...

A big 'ole V8 or bigger engine
A manual transmission
A beefy rear axle stuffed with a 3.73 or steeper geared Posi.
A vinyl interior, from dome light down to the floormats.
A regular cab. Or Crew Cab. No wussy Extended Cabs.
An 8' box to haul a load of plywood with it entirely in the box.
No radio, just heat. If you use it as intended, engine noise beats radio noise any day.

In a while, Chet.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:40 PM

When I was out at the drag strip there was a Dodge diesel 4x4 crew cab running 13.0s. I was truely impressed.

Greg

P.S. If Ranger's aren't made for work, does that mean they're made to go fast?
Old 08-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
It doesn't take huge money to turn up one of these diesels. A good example is my brothers 97 Dodge reg-cab 4x4 Cummins.

so for less than 20K he has a truck that could pretty well outrun any stock vehicle on the road! I would say its worth it!

Ryan
Most stock vehicales with a V8 in them go faster than 13's

Put 20K into a car body with a V8 and you will go faster than 13's
All my point was is it cost big money compared to a car V8 to make the same times at the track. Don't get me wrong a truck that big running 13's is still fast.

Quote:
P.S. If Ranger's aren't made for work, does that mean they're made to go fast?
Rangers and S-10's are not made for the true work truck stand point. you could haul a flower pot or two but that's about it These trucks were made for the girls that wanted trucks. Yes I own a S-10 so call me a girlyman if you must. But I also own a Chevy 2500 that could rip the S-10 in two.
Yes my S-1o has a mild V8 in it so I do think with the right engine in a S-10 or Ranger they can be fast.

Steve
Old 08-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Chet--If you live in Wisconsin---the vinyl seat is okay--
Arizona--Texas---vinyl is no fun at all
Need the cloth seats and AC down south
Manual trans w/compound is necessary for me as I have 3.08 rear and I tow.
(considering a 5-spd conversion)
Big block is the ONLY way to go.
Work truck--yes-------But I also play with it----454 and a 3.08 rear
can you say FREEWAY FLYER

All trucks need a clutch---or their just pretending
I bought this truck before I turned 19----new----It was daily transport for over 15 years----current wife plans on burying me in this truck--it is a family member now

I call my Ranger a mini F-350---Have a cut down piece of plywood in the back now--(I think the suspension is maxed) usless for hauling.
On a good note----pick-ups AC units and heaters do their jobs quicker and ya don't hafta carry the whole family with you (quieter crusin')

Bryan

(the avatar 59 is also a 5-spd)
Old 08-18-2006, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 steve
Most stock vehicales with a V8 in them go faster than 13's
Most? Actually very few stock vehicles will knock out sub 13s. There are alot of stock V8 vehicles that are slugs.

Greg
Old 08-18-2006, 07:28 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

I'd take a powerstroke Diesel over the Cummings or the Duramax. Duramax diesels are overrated POS's, Cummings diesels are ok, they work well, have that pre ignition to make them quieter, but still, have less torque than the Powerstrokes. powerstrokes have far more torque. watching the diesels pull at truck pulls, the Fords always outpull everything, stock or not.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281ranger
Most? Actually very few stock vehicles will knock out sub 13s. There are a lot of stock V8 vehicles that are slugs.

Greg
You are right, I was thinking of the sports cars = Mustang, Camaro and Corvette etc...

Steve
Old 08-19-2006, 08:47 PM

Diesel Trucks

I've owned pick-ups both gas & diesel for the last thirty five years and am test driving new ones now. Take a good long test drive before you buy a diesel. They are trucks for sure, not really meant for traveling. The Dodge is VERY truck-like in its handling and ride. You can gussy it up but it's still a heavy duty work truck at heart. The only diesel civilized enough for my taste is the Chevy/GM Duramax.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:49 AM

Last photo:

I think most of you mis-understood my above posts! The truck was bought for $13,000 and $5000 was put into preformance parts. The 2nd week he had it he raced it at the Heavy Truck/Diesel pickup drags here in Ontario and the best time he could get was 17.8 . That was one year ago this past weekend. He took it there Saturday again (first time racing with the new injectors) and he pulled of a 12.4 in the quater!!!

It would be pretty hard to dump $5000 into a mustang or camaro and get those kind of #'s or a jump of 5.4seconds in the quater.

Matt - As far as Truck Pulling go and not to cut of the Fords but unless your are watching pulls in strictly Ford Country or they are alowed to run NOS or Propane you might want look again. If you go to a large diesel pull like IRP or Schieds event this comming weekend the Cummins rules!! and there is a reason all the big Mod trucks are either Dodges or Cummins powered...there is no way a Power Stroke or D-Max would stay together with 1500-2000HP and 100-160lbs of boost!!!!

I do admit that a truck is nothing like a sports car but for those truck guys that want to haul a load of drywalls on Saturday and go to the track and drag race on sunday and beat some very fast Stangs or Camaro's then they are perfect!

Here is a few pics of my latest project. I dropped a 1996 12valve cummins into a Crew-Cab GMC. I also did a 4x4 conversion and a slew of other mods. The engine....is turned up to aprox 900-1100 Horse. The engine is balanced and blue printed and can easily turn 6000rpm and stay together! custom cam, pistons and the block and head have both been fire-ringed (same as o-ringing) to expept 100-160lbs of boost. The block has be girdled also. I spent more money on my injection pump than most spend on building up a small block chevy!!!! the fuel from the pump alone puts 1200cc's@6000rpm. Stock was 280cc's. I am also running Twin Turbo's(not in the picture) Water injection. All the power goes thru a Competition weighted full SFI Dual Disk steel clutch and then into a 6-speed trany.

This truck was built for Truck Pulling but any chance I can I will be taking it to the strip!!!!!!!

RyanB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0327_resize_resize.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	14268   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0326_resize_resize.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	14269   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0324_resize_resize.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	14270   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0334_resize_resize.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	14271   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0329_resize_resize1.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	14272  

Old 08-21-2006, 11:53 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle4542speed
i was looking up at banks power and you can get 500 hp and 1000 tq thats bad *****. the other night late friday i was driving around in my 68 camaro with a big block, pretty built up, i was crusing doing about 30 mph in a 4 lane road and this dodge dully pulls next to me, so he hits the gas,i dont do any thing, there he goes flying , i let him have his fun for the moment, so i catch up, there he hits it again, so i hit it too i was pulling away little by little but he was staying with me, i was very impress with that truck. i just feel like selling my camaro and buying a diesal with twin turbo , i cant wait, what do you think about the new dodge's??

chevelle4542speed- I forgot to mention that if you are serious about adding power to your diesel no mater the brand...go on some Forums and ask around whats best! what you will find is that although Banks has some good kits you can find better and mix and match units to suite your needs and save HUGE money!!!

Have fun...RyanB

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.