Hot Rod Forum banner

Iam looking for this 57 i did in the 7os

3K views 39 replies 7 participants last post by  bsa_bob2 
#1 ·
If you run acrossed it,i would be very grateful if you can help. thank you bob scharp ...ohttps://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3139B4144CC6AA6A%21271&

authkey=%21ADBBvpyEbeb_VYw&v=3&ithint=photo%2Cjpgr Bob

#4 ·
There isn't many mods, it's going to be hard to find. One repaint and that's the end of that. Now if you had chopped the top or something we may have something for you. :D

Brian

#5 ·
The only one i didn't chop. It has A burgundy with hand folded burgundy button tufted Middle 60s bucket seats and 4-speed console. I may never hear from or see it again. but then i waited 22 years to buy a henry steel 32-3 window . And finally got it on persverance and my wifes mini-skirt helped , So i keep going tanks martinsr.

PS The fellow who purchased it was ..lets say ..abit on the "I gotta have it like it is'" eager to get it.
'.jus a feeling i have., keep on truckin.if i am supposed i will -if not supposed to find it, i won't

This post has been deleted
#12 ·
btt btt btt
I have the latest on this 57 It was not in the sos/ DMV. secretary of state. The Mich registery has no Bob Golobo, listed as an owner of a 57 chevy. SO!... that means it might have been sold along the way. If anybody knows of this kar or close i will go look at ,A reward for my purchase; would be in affect or a large s tip for good info. If i bought this kar back. thanks much for reading this post. I suspect its still in Michigan O/s Detroit ..........Bob S keep on lookin.it will pop up somewhere .

#14 ·
Any chance that name isn't Rob Golabo(with an A), a racer IIRC from Waterford or Taylor, MI. Runs a Camaro last I knew. Don't know him, bit I've seen that name in Hot Rod magazine back in he 90's during the early years of the Fastest Street Car competitions.
Found that name on the YellowBullet race forum also.

Could be something??, Bob is short for Robert. :confused:

#25 ·
I am located in lower Michigan near Dundee MI. I got a call from a fellow yesterday, his name is Donnie gerbitz; He races at the Great Lakes Dragway. He called to share this with me.He sees this 57 on a trailer alot! He said the person who has this 57 now, Is always seen on a trailer...at---- or going to------or leaving the track.I called on the; Great lakes dragway; referral he gave me.They weren't to helpful for some reason. it seemed.He recognized it from the flames---- as he had not seen them done like this; some of the flames overlapped at the ends....... and they encircled around the "fuel injection" fender badges......... at the bottoms of the front fenders i made the flames encircle the lowest point , if i had to repair that those fende tips again, i could save the flames.This idea in time... grew a little ...dumb...of me.'So!! a guy who shoots pictures all the time of the Greatlakes Dragway-Name/. Adam Lee/ thought he would at least email me. So if anything here jogs your memory at all please contact me. thank you much for helping me.The cities involved in the sightings ;were these
EauClar----Racine--Kenosha..and.. Union Grove, All Of them --Wisconsin cities,Again thank you for any help. I will offer some reward for the help when i get closer to this kar. cheers Bob s .....Its hotter today... than the hinges on the doors to H*** in Michigan.:sweat::sweat::sweat:....:sweat::sweat::sweat:.......:thumbup:

#28 ·
If you don't find it... maybe a "clone" of the car would feel satisfying to own. :)

I am sure there are still a lot of Bel Air hardtops around. They didn't get thrown away very often.

I built a turquoise one in '68 with an 11:1 solid lifter 292 smallblock , Cragar SS's, and a Muncie. Later sold it to buy a dual quad 409 '62 Biscayne... then heard my '57 GOT TOTALED!!! {:-( Very sad...I DID love that car!

This is not the same one, but another one I that flamed for a customer in the early nineties. I'm sure you can appreciate a "cousin" to your '57! :)

If you do decide to do a clone, buy a southwestern car!!! I moved here from Illinois, and fell in love with amazingly solid sheetmetal!

Attachments

#29 ·
Clone was on the idea list. My 50 merc can have a new home for !45,000.00 i was offered this week. BUT MAN i love that Merc.Would have had me a 57 done, But -If i do anything..........probably keep banging away on this 55 2 dr.I have A few leads out ..and as HB says. It is probably pink .... yuck 50 times,thanks for hangin in with this search i am making. If someone walks up to me and says ..sorry bob your 57 went down the tube. I
l be done looking bob s

#32 · (Edited)
Not likely! Too hot this time of year! Besides that, I think the number of unemployed auto painters went up in Michigan, when the car companies moved out of the country! There are probably some good paint deals to be had there. :)~ BTW ...My wife grew up in Detroit!

I have done this since the early seventies, and 99% of the work is local! ...unless you could mail it here! I have done bike parts from around the country. Shipping is higher now, so that stopped. {:-(

But maybe the post office has one of those low "standard-rate" shipping boxes to fit a '57 BelAir. LOL! (Just put Styrofoam around the fins to protect them!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.