Hot Rod Forum banner

ID make & Model of donor car in a Street Rd

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  496CHEVY3100 
#1 ·
The car is a backyard Build, which I am making into a transmorfing into some subclass of a woody. I am trying to figure out what year and make vehicle it came out of, I need Motor mounts and some other Parts.

So far I have identified the block a 230 1965 Built in Flint Michigan Dec 7 1964. This conflicts with the info the machinist gave me that the head was a 250, so maybe someone changed the head out to something different? At least that is what the machinist told me who rebuilt it and re-ground the cam, What he didn't do is put the lump ports in which i am thinking of having done now.

Always looking to add more HP/Torque. It has a 2 speed powerglide (completely rebuilt) in it. I has all new rings, pistons, valves, pushrods, and crankshaft. cylinders bored out .030 over,.010 off the block and the head was angled but I don't recall what degree. It has an Offenheimer 4BBL intake with Stovebolt headers. I am running what I believe to be a 600(?) edelbrock, to me it is mounted sideways with the edelbrock tag facing the valve cover. The story goes It was done this way as there was not enough clearance for the Linkage on the side f the carburetor. I have a 6” lift tunnel for it, will see what that does in the spring.

My future issue to resolve after I fing out what this came out of is: on takeoff although it pulls right off the line, it seems like there should be some tire burning, at least chirping and more torque (machinist was guessing I would have about) .85-.9 Hp for every CC, which would put me about 215 HP.

For the Block:
By the distributor is the # F1207FA

Above the starter on the block is the # CON2 on 1 tag and L34 on the other

on the head are the#'s 4886X, in one spot and 4883 15 in another.

It has a silver Chevrolet tag on the body with the # B56J168735, I have pictures if it helps of the steering wheel and center console, along with the pics of the #'s.

Any Idea’s you have on ID ing the model car this come out of would be appreciated.

Bill Toothaker

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
ID Donor car

Ponco62,

Here is the steering cap and more console pictures, i was hoping the console would give it away, someone would recognize it.

I think we figured at least the block was made 12/7/64, i have gotten conflicting infor on the head, the Block casting # shows is was done as a 230, but my machist said it was a 250 and rebuilt it as such, Which all doesn't really matter I need to figure out what model (s) of car it was in so I can narrow down the options to get replacement motor mounts.

thanks for your input!

Cheers!

Attachments

#6 ·
Ponco62,

Here is the steering cap and more console pictures, i was hoping the console would give it away, someone would recognize it.

I think we figured at least the block was made 12/7/64, i have gotten conflicting infor on the head, the Block casting # shows is was done as a 230, but my machist said it was a 250 and rebuilt it as such, Which all doesn't really matter I need to figure out what model (s) of car it was in so I can narrow down the options to get replacement motor mounts.

thanks for your input!

Cheers!

1965 c-10 230cid l6 mounts

1979 camaro 250cid l6 mount

maybe the mounts on yours looks like one of these..

iirc the top photo type is called a bisket and the bottom (camaro ) a clamshell

#7 ·
Motor Mounts

In taking Pictures of the Motor Mount (with my glasses on-should wear these more!) there is a part number on the rubber 37-2404 - some symbol-1-4, Will will search this.

I have attched pictures still maybe someone identify it. :spank:

Attachments

#14 ·
I think so Poncho..;) I don't think they made a lot of different mounts back then for the 6cyl motors..

I was holding a console just like that one this past Sat.. Talking about installing a 3'' Tach in it.. For my friends 66 Chevelle..

#13 ·
console looks like impala mid 60's
tiller, also, but both could be chevelle parts,,
can't tell by the pic if the rear end has 2 upper links or one..
if brakes are 9x2 drums(rear) good chance it's a body parts, 11" think full sized,, looks like someone had a donor car, and used the rear crossmember for the rear end mounts, etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.