Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   ID some TRW pistons???? Please??? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/id-some-trw-pistons-please-136772.html)

supervetteman 04-10-2008 05:52 PM

ID some TRW pistons???? Please???

I've got a set of TRW pistons that I got on a package deal. The only number's on the top's of them are: 7064P .030
Then, on the underside I can see TRW and the number's:
262-98 If anyone out there could tell me what these are I'd really be greatful! They were in with a bunch of sbc part's, but.........................?????

coldknock 04-10-2008 07:29 PM

Take two measurements.

1. The diameter across the skirt about half an inch up from the bottom.

2. The distance from the wrist pin hole to the crown of the piston.

It will be nigh on impossible to get one end of the caliper centered on the wrist pin hole. Do this,

Measure from the very top of the wrist pin hole to the crown and add 0.4635" to your measurement.

This should tell you what combination of stroke/rod length/bore size the piston is for.

Larry

moneymanshawty 04-27-2009 06:26 AM

I have those same pistons

I have those same pistons in my corvette motor. But I don't know anything about them either. Im trying to purchase some more because 4 are damage badly due to detonation. Do you have any specs/brand? They show 7064P .030 as well. I would greatly appreiate it

cobalt327 04-27-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneymanshawty
4 are damage badly due to detonation.

Prob a 350, single valve relief (trough-type). 0.030 is the oversize, obviously.

FWIW, the only hit I got in re these pistons was from a guy who was also replacing them due to breakage. Was in a ZZ4, IIRC.

moneymanshawty 04-29-2009 02:24 AM

Mine are banged up bad. Big pieces are missing from detonation. I will take them out soon and get some different I guess. The main website doesn't even provide the specs to them neither. What piston would you suggest going with?

cobalt327 04-29-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

What piston would you suggest going with?
Without knowing a lot more about your deal, I'd be reluctant to make any specific recommendations.

Any of the major manufacturers makes good pistons in cast, cast hypereutectic or forged- I would contact them with all the specs on the engine including how you will be using it and let them make their best recommendations.

Then, shop around for the best prices for whatever piston you decide on.

Wiseco Speed Pro TRW Sealed Power Keith Black Silvolite would be a start.

That said, there are "lesser" brand pistons out there that may fit your needs (Badger pistons, for instance, used to be fine by me for a plain-vanilla cast piston), but remember- the piston is a highly stressed part that makes expensive noises if they go south.

Good luck.

diggerdon 09-15-2011 08:39 PM

diggerdon

Quote:

Originally Posted by supervetteman
I've got a set of TRW pistons that I got on a package deal. The only number's on the top's of them are: 7064P .030
Then, on the underside I can see TRW and the number's:
262-98 If anyone out there could tell me what these are I'd really be greatful! They were in with a bunch of sbc part's, but.........................?????

You have a set of Sealed Power pistons,the forging is a TRW find some old pistons specs, if you can't 770-448-3166
yeah I know this is old stuff

bananasoftball 09-16-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobalt327
Without knowing a lot more about your deal, I'd be reluctant to make any specific recommendations.

Any of the major manufacturers makes good pistons in cast, cast hypereutectic or forged- I would contact them with all the specs on the engine including how you will be using it and let them make their best recommendations.

Then, shop around for the best prices for whatever piston you decide on.

Wiseco Speed Pro TRW Sealed Power Keith Black Silvolite would be a start.

That said,http://godimage.co.cc/thumb/base/ima...r/34/h/eek.gif there are "lesser" brand pistons out there that may fit your needs (Badger pistons, for instance, used to be fine by me for a plain-vanilla cast piston), but remember- the piston is a highly stressed part that makes expensive noises if they go south.

Good luck.

good information mate