Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachet ralph
no one wants to believe a lil 283 can pull the wheels on a 1956 chevy
What you should say, is "cobalt327 doesn't believe my:

QUOTE- "283 could pull front wheels in first and secound (sic) in a 1956 chevy full steel car! *snip* was only bored .040 over from stock and used 305 heads cut out for 1.94 valves soild(sic) lifter cam 510 lift. and a stock cast iron intake".

I know about 283's- they were the staple for anything that was raced if it had a SBC in it- the 327 had not come out yet- so it's all there was, except the 265 that had a following similar to what the 305 "enjoys" today.

I've heard it all- more than once. Without a LOT of ballast, or some other BS going on, there just ain't no way I'm gonna believe it.

That said, you received all sort of advise, mostly on target, IMO, pertaining to your using the 3.10" crankshaft.

Considering how poorly the HP/$ ratio is on such a project, I think everyone showed a good amount of restraint, actually.

But it's just not fair to paint the forum w/a brush w/MY name on it!

Quote:
I know a guy that had a 56 Chevy with a 265 and pulled the front wheels...
Again I will point out the fact that at 11 years old, I was "pulling the wheels" in a straight-6 GMC WRECKER! Without proper context "pulling the wheels" means nada.

When someone talks about pulling the wheels, they had better mean that they were at the track, or some specially prepared surface- with race-type rubber, and no ballast, or other shenanigans going on- like a freaking engine block in the trunk. IMO, it ain't gonna happen on the "street", w/street rubber.

Performance talks and BS walks, to coin a phrase.

Last edited by cobalt327; 06-15-2009 at 10:33 AM.