Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Idea thread: Planning my semi-permanent paint booth, hoping for your input
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 09:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Idea thread: Planning my semi-permanent paint booth, hoping for your input

As I plan to finally paint my Mustang this summer, I'd like to build a semi-permanent paint booth/paint area in my shop. I have a space already partially set up for it that's a good place to start. I'd really appreciate input from others who have done this as DIY, as well as you pro's with the good paint booths.

I'm looking for ideas and discussion ranging from everything to air handling, power, lighting, exhaust and ventilation, space, filtering, maintenance of cleanliness, etc. Seen lots of great tips in past threads about this topic, such as spraying adhesive on filters. Things like that are good to know. The point of this then isn't necessarily to re-hash info but more to custom tailor ideas to my specific space and really for me to share my ideas to see if they're any good or not. They will probably change as I hear better ideas.

Now a few images....the space is 13 feet wide, and 20-something feet long. Floor drain in the center. I am planning on finishing the ceiling by putting some painted sheeting up there, and will prob have to build a mock wall that goes to the right edge of the checkered walk, which means the air compressor will be in the booth. Any issues with this? Mainly concerned as to where I should locate my 220 outlet for the compressor. The white wall with black strips at the end is actually a sliding door. On the other side of the wall of the compressor is an enclosed lean-to shed.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the discussion and insight!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1967.JPG
Views:	680
Size:	728.4 KB
ID:	64412   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1968.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	587.3 KB
ID:	64413   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1969.JPG
Views:	572