Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Idea thread: Planning my semi-permanent paint booth, hoping for your input
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 04:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swvalcon
If you plan to insulate I would do that first.. Then either Sheetrock and tape ceiling or go paint tin.I sheet rocked mine and now wish I had went with the tin. May try to tape and paint my ceiling and do the walls with ceramic tile some day.Thought I had plenty of lights and still wish I had more. Made it a semi cross flow. Fan in front at filters pulling down from filters in ceiling at the rear. If anyway possible I would try to move the compressor. Not only because of the oil concerns which dosen't seem to be that big of a problem if compressor is in good shape. But when it comes on it does strange things to the air flow in the booth.I posted a picture of mine. It's just used to paint in and if I dont have anything a paint I will sometimes just park a car in it.
It looks great so far!

A lot of comments about moving the air compressor. Right now the compressor is just sitting on the pallet (and that's how I've always left it) so it can easily be moved. It's a newer compressor--I've had it two years. I'm starting this thread now because I'm going to be running the power to the compressor and am debating on where I put the 220 outlet. The fact that I'll probably be moving my compressor when I paint will affect this decision.

I'm not ambitious enough for drywall, my current plan was to take some particle board, prime it and paint it, and put it up there? I want all the surfaces at least painted so I can hose it down to clean it. I should have prefaced this with we just bought the place and are putting money into it in lots of places (you know, those things called priorities ). Needless to say this ranks low on the priorities (or at least I have to make it seem like it does ) so likewise, I have to make it seem like I'm doing it as budget as possible!

Can you go into more detail on your flow? I'm a little confused.