Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Idea thread: Planning my semi-permanent paint booth, hoping for your input
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

So I finally got this thing built as I'm close to painting. It could always use more light, and is going to be a little tighter than what's ideal, but I had to work with what I had.

I have flourescent lights running parallel on the walls 2 ft high, at 45* angles in each corner at the ceiling, and then running across the ceiling. I could use another 4 ft over the trunk and hood area really. I'm going to put daylight bulbs in all the fixtures.

I'll have eye-hooks in the ceiling for hanging things. I put up a heavy duty white tarp for the ceiling. There are two 4 foot doors that open to the inside of the shop so the car can be pushed out into the shop, or large individual panels can be moved into the booth. There is a filtered fresh air supply at the center front of the booth in the ceiling; these filters also have a pre-filter over them. I have an exhaust fan that will go at the other end...that's what the large wooden thing laying on the floor is. That goes in the exterior door way, the door closes up against it, and the ducting from the exhaust goes out the hole in the wood filler piece.

All the wall sections are modular and easily come apart in 4 foot sections so it can be taken down and stored if I don't want it up anymore. This just requires putting up new plastic. Although, I'm considering keeping it up so I can park the mustang in it once it's all finished and have a relatively dust-free parking area.

I have not run the air line into the booth yet, but it will have its own dedicated filter and dessicator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2642.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	496.3 KB
ID:	75007   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2643.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	493.6 KB
ID:	75008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2644.JPG
Views:	170