Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Idea thread: Planning my semi-permanent paint booth, hoping for your input
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 04:24 PM
1968 Ford Mustang - beginner

Last journal entry: garage work
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Some of the people on this forum are QUITE knowledgeable in this area. I used their expertise when asking similar questions before deciding what I was going to do / use.

Based on feedback from others, I went with a supplied air system from Autobodystore.net. i believe the actual reference to autobodystore.net came from someone here on hotrodders.com.

Autobody Store: <B>Hobbyair and Pro-Air</B>

the person that runs autobodystore.net is also very knowledgeable and helpful. i can also speak to his customer service.

i like my supplied air system very much and have been using it for approximately 1.5 years (or approximately 12 - 15 sessions in the paint booth). i chose it primarily because of the safety factor. however i do plan on upgrading at some point in the future - as i start doing more painting work.

the Axis (FKA HobbyAir) product that i purchased (the full hood version) is very safe and an excellent product.

my only complaint is - the hood fitment "tends" to limit my vision in some situations and the "Stick On" face shield protectors seem to accentuate my vision and glare issues. please note that this is all personal observation / experience and not everyone has these issues.

the next logical step for me may be something like this:

DeVilbiss Safety Equipment

to provide perspective for you - my painting mentor and teacher does not care for supplied air systems at all. he prefers and uses a Bandit mask and just changes it out after 8 hours. he likes the freedom of movement and there is less risk from an additional hose in the booth.

thx
mark