Hot Rod Forum banner

Idenity Crisis

801 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  OneMoreTime 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just "inherited" a 48 Mercury coupe with a Mustang II TYPE front end. Previous owner has no clue what it is and neither do I. How can I ID this thing so I know what to do for parts? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
With all that are being made and have been made on the market that can be tough. But grabbing a brake pad and heading down to the parts store to look through the good old catalogs is a good start.

You will see pages like this.

This may not fix the whole mystery as the rotors could be different than the pads but the whole thing could be figured out the same way. As far as control arm bushings and stuff like that, it can all be done like this as these pages have the dimensions of the components too. I have found things for vintage cars this way where the part isn't even available, and I find it used in some other car that is available.

Brian

#3 ·
Pictures would help.. most of the MII I have seen use the stock dimensions for the upper and lower swing arms. A lot of the guys use the GM Metric rotors and calipers for example. Someone here may recognize what you have with some good pics..

Sam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.