Hot Rod Forum banner

Ididit steering column problem

11K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bryan59EC 
#1 ·
I installed a Ididit column on my 57 Chevy 210 and have found out that after I use the turn signal to change lanes my left brake light want work. If I use the turn signal to turn on a street and let it cancel on it's own the stop light works OK.
If anyone has experienced this problem with Ididit columns please let me know what I need to do to correct this safety problem.

#3 ·
Sounds like when the signal mechanism inside doest not cancel all the way and will not let the brake light to function through. I am assuming you are using the left turn signal when changing lanes. If you push the lever just a little more to the right, it would probably work. Something might be a little too tight not allowing it to return to it's 'home' when you release the lever. I never had one, but I believe they use the GM signal switch - might need a new one if you can not free it. Just some thought here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.