ididit vs. flaming river - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2006, 06:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

ididit vs. flaming river

i know this is a age old question, but i need help
i have a 56 ford pu with toy gear box. right now i have a 95 camaro
column but want a new one. i'm leaning towards a paintable 30 ".
what is the better overall deal and more importantly, the install
thanks for all the input

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2006, 07:01 PM

Last photo:

I spent a considerable amount of time last weekend in Kalamazoo talking with both Ididit and Flaming River. I had my old column with me and it was a couple of inches longer than any of the standard ones.

Flaming River heard what I had to say, looked at and measured the column, and then said they couldn't do what I wanted. They suggested buying one of their columns and then re-working my steering setup to fit their column. This took all of 10 minutes.

Ididit heard what I had to say, looked at and measured the column, and then told me how they could do what I wanted, for an additional $50 custom charge, and then spent more time with me to make sure I had covered everything. The owner's son, Scott, spent at least an hour with me to be sure I was satisfied and that he understood what I needed.

I bought from Ididit.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:33 PM

Last photo:

i highly recommend IDIDIT. i had a custom length column by IDIDIT in my 1st toy & was very pleased. i also put an Ididit column in my coupe.
however,i originally had ordered a Flaming River unit because it looked sleek to me. when the column arrived & i opened it, i noticed the wiring harness was pinched with copper strands showing from 1 wire. also the cover was partially over top of the threaded piece where the tilt lever went in. the hole was not punched in the correct location. i immediately called the customer service number. i explained my dilemma & this is what i was told: "we do not ship items as you have described " .

after all i went thru to return that piece of junk & get my money back, i will never buy any Flaming Junk product !!! just my .02
Old 09-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Sacred Steel

Last journal entry: The dash
Last photo:

I have an IDIDIT column in my T-bird and I like it. It is a 26 inch and not a standard length but it didn't cost any more for the custom length. They will build you any length you need. They are a small family business and you would probably get better customer service from them.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Just havin' fun.....

Last journal entry: Wheels and tires
Last photo:

I have installed several Ididit columns in my projects with no problems. They are an excellent company and great people to boot.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.