Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - idle issue with a new engine
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:04 PM

Last journal entry: brakes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

bird, you mention the pcv sys. the valve works fine, hose from manifold vac to valve to valve cover, standard setup. the other valve cover has two breathers. sound about right? the carb base is manifold vacuum so it shouldnt matter so long as its manifold vacuum sourced right? the cap and rotor are fine. accel super coil, cd ignition box, and the .060 gap is what was told to me by a tech line at msd cuz until i re-gapped the plugs i was burning them up and detonating, an extra .030" shouldnt make that much difference with a 60,000 volt coil right? oh and i converted to a secondary metering block so the carb has a quick fuel baseplate, a quickfuel primary and secondary metering blocks, pform 750 body, holley 4160 style side hung fuel bowls. i'm curious if the combination of parts allows four corner idle? if i back out the secondary blocks "idle" screws it runs worse. i always left them closed, dyno mechanic siad the last setup was pretty dead on. i think i'm at the point where i should leave it be for awhile cuz now i'm thinking of all kinds of ideas instead of keeping it simple. think ima save up for a wideband. vac gauge and timing light only help so much

Last edited by gonzo08383; 04-30-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: xtra info