idles perfect but cruise is lean..enlarging transfer slot restrictors? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2008, 08:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

idles perfect but cruise is lean..enlarging transfer slot restrictors?

i've been working my carbs on my 671 blown 350 the past week and i have a few q's regarding cruise a/f ratios. The carbs are holley 600cfm double pumper 80575s supercharger carbs.

when i first started it up I had I was pig rich at idle and no adjusting of the mixture screws would help, so i tapped the metering block for set screws and reduced the diameter of the IFR's from .036 to .033(along with relocating the IFR's from the upper to the lower position in the HP metering block) and now I have a perfect idle. a/f is around 13.5:1(on the wideband) and the mixture screws are about 1.5 turns out.

I took it out for another ride and cruising with just the throttle cracked gives me a ~16-17:1 a/f ratio and while watching my vacuum gauge as soon as my power valve opens up the a/f drops down to about 12:1(with .055 PVCR's 69/78 jets). I havent tapped the main body for replacable CCR jets yet but they are around .065 on the primary side. I was thinking about upping them up to around .07 to see what happends...but if the problem is elsewhere i'd like to hear what people think because i'd prefer to not drill and tap the main body just yet.

Advertisement

Last edited by darkostoj; 06-25-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.