Hot Rod Forum banner

If it ain't one thing, it's another!

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
How many times to do you do something to your hot rod, street rod, muscle car and then down the road (short or long term) decide to change something? You make the change, and then wham, you have to start changing other things to make it work properly and function.

My latest venture, putting the blower on. All has gone well, and really itching to hear the engine run again. Well, Sunday, went back to the car (have not had much time the past two weeks), refab new upper and lower radiator brackets to hold the 31"X19" radiator, note, there is not much room under the nose for that size radiator. Well, got the brackets done, all looks good, sturdy, and so I start mounting it up underneath. Left side is in, right side almost there. I am laying on my back looking up, then finally realize MAN that is too close to the body. The top, the front edge and the bottom edge is too close, 1/4" close. Also, the radiator is in at a slant to the rear, the top rear edge is about 1/2? to 3/4" for the blower belt, o.k. no problem. So, I start adjusting the brackets around, but the movement pushed it lower until it sat on the inner lip of the nose. Not going to work. Needless to say, I was not able to get to hear it run again, ordered more parts, and seem to be getting nowhere at this time of building.

Sorry for the long post, relieving frustrations, I guess it is better than throwing things at the car, which would just lead to more frustrations. Too many times I have come too close to that. I am just tired of making small changes, that just lead to bigger changes. :smash: Eventually, it will lead to this :D

Happy Rodding,

Jason

See less See more
#5 ·
Boy ain't it the truth..Just spent 3 days building a steering box bracket..was not all that simple to do..Now that it is done it looks real easy.. :nono: Now to fix the shock mounts on the front end.. :spank:

And guys wonder why it takes so long and costs so much to build one of these things..

Sam

#7 ·
yupp. I know how that goes.. My '67 Falcon had a perfectly good running 200 I6, just needed valve seals ( smoked on startup ). My dads boss gave me a Turbocharger from a 3.8 Buick that was in great shape.. Well I decided the 200 I6 needed it... well, b4 I could use it, engine had to be built for it, then I had to have a fuel system and ignition system that could handle it.. then I needed new gauges to watch it's vitals.... Well $5k later, I was able to bolt on the free turbocharger... ran out of funds to finish, so it's on hold, but I havn't even touched the trans/ rear end yet

#8 ·
You know what cracks me up about this subject? It's when a guy will look at a swap job and say "that went in there easy". :D If the swap looks easy it is only because someone spent a bunch of time doing it right and made it LOOK easy!

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.