Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - If anyone is looking for a new air compressor you might want to check this out.
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 01:18 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If anyone is looking for a new air compressor you might want to check this out.

My very old devilbiss compressor started to die on me a few weeks ago. It started leaking air around the intake valves. (I believe) After searching around a lot I found a real good deal on a refurbished 80-gallon compressor.
Its not an Ingersoll rand or nothing, But so far it has been an impressive compressor.

It is the Morgan air compressor that is sold at northern tool. It is basically a re manufactured Kobalt unit At $499 it is a steel. If you look closely you will notice it is a lowe's kobalt air compressor with a morgan sticker. The kobalt sells for $759
So far Ive used it for painting, sanding and sand blasting and each time I use it Ive been more and more impressed with it. Ive had it for approx 45 days now and Ive used it hard to see its limits. I would not recommend it for professional use, but for a home shop it is well worth the money. The pump is a 3-cyl unit and very quiet. It is no louder then a shop vac. For the price it cant be beat. I looked at many in the $500-$1000 range, including campbell hausfied, craftsman, Kobalt, Bel-aire, devilbiss and harbor freight us general brand. The devilbiss and the bel-aire compressors where much nicer, But at twice the price they where not that much better IMO. The specs are in the normal over rated area. And the best part is for $50 more northern tool offers a 2 year free replacement including pick up and delivery. And the compressor has a two year manufacture warranty. This is a perfect compressor for the home garage needing big air on a budget. They also have the 60 gallon model but I know nothing about it.

Here is a link to it: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...6621_200396621

Just thought I would share my good experience, and pass on what I feel is a good deal!